Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
jumpjack
jumpjack began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best mobile SW?

What is your favorite WindowsCE ebook reader SW?
jumpjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
None. I discovered a long time ago that reading ebooks on mobile devices other than laptops (or now iPads) is more a question of pressing buttons than reading. At the time I tried, the most common format was pdf which didn't help a bit.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #3
jumpjack

For "mobile device" I mean a chinese I-pad clone with WindowsCE installed.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
MartinC
Hanger on
MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Galaxy S, Sony PRS-505, Sony tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
None. I discovered a long time ago that reading ebooks on mobile devices other than laptops (or now iPads) is more a question of pressing buttons than reading. At the time I tried, the most common format was pdf which didn't help a bit.
I've just got a Samsung Galaxy S phone and the touchscreen makes all the difference. The Android Kindle app is quite impressive. The only problem is, it syncs all the time - not sure what the data bill is going to be like.

Wouldn't want to use it if there was an alternative, but when the train's delayed etc. etc. - great.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
jumpjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
I've just got a Samsung Galaxy S phone and the touchscreen makes all the difference. The Android Kindle app is quite impressive. The only problem is, it syncs all the time - not sure what the data bill is going to be like.
That's exactly why I'll never buy an Android device.
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
MartinC
Hanger on
MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartinC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Galaxy S, Sony PRS-505, Sony tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpjack View Post
That's exactly why I'll never buy an Android device.
Yes, I was aware that it could be an issue. To be fair, though, in the case of the Kindle app it's Amazon who are shifting all the data around. One of the selling points is that any bookmarks etc. you add on your phone will automatically appear on your Kindle as well, and vice versa. Sounds great but I shall read the first bill with interest.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:37 AM   #7
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpjack View Post
For "mobile device" I mean a chinese I-pad clone with WindowsCE installed.
Sounds like buying a jaguar, ripping out the engine and replacing it with a pedal-car drive!

However, I withdraw my earlier comment. If it's iPad sized, then it qualifies for reading ebooks IMO.

More importantly, where did you get this chinese iPad clone and how much did it cost? I ask because I'm learning Mandarin, and every tool I hear about is of interest. Does it have a touch screen? Might be good for inputting chinese characters.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote