Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-03-2014, 04:12 AM   #916
BatmansDouble
BatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura
I'd love to see a "send to Evernote" option or at least a decent way to export highlights/notes. It would make adding to my commonplace book so much more easier.
BatmansDouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:15 AM   #917
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmansDouble View Post
I'd love to see a "send to Evernote" option or at least a decent way to export highlights/notes. It would make adding to my commonplace book so much more easier.
I'd like to be able to update Twitter and/or Goodreads straight from the device, but it doesn't look like the latter's in the cards...
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #918
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
I would like to see the library context menu include the option to list by series, ideally the series sequence should be maintained by default if 'Author' or 'Title' display is selected.

EDIT;

Isaac Asimov's Foundation Universe series has 15 books, to retain sanity in any ebook listing I have titled the books

FU01 - The stars
FU02 - etc.....

and meanwhile languishing within the immaculate, pristine, Metadata is the series information, some series in Modern numerals and some in Roman numerals.
*sigh*
Calibre doesn't maintain series sequence with 'author' or 'title' sort either, *SIGH*

Last edited by leftright; 02-05-2014 at 02:22 AM.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #919
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftright View Post
I would like to see the library context menu include the option to list by series, ideally the series sequence should be maintained by default if 'Author' or 'Title' display is selected.
/me whimpers as he remembers the short lived version that used the series info as a part of the sort by title option
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:56 AM   #920
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
With the release of RMSDK 10 and its enhancements, that might just be a possibility...if the publishers (a) specify the metadata to begin with and (b) transition to EPUB 3 so it's standardized. Of course, that means Kobo wouldn't display download links...

This is exactly why I hate DRM. Publishers are shockingly sloppy when it comes to metadata, and I like being able to go in there and fix it. I can shelve paper books however I please; why can't I do likewise with ebooks?

Last edited by Rev. Bob; 02-05-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #921
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:

EDIT;

Isaac Asimov's Foundation Universe series has 15 books, to retain sanity in any ebook listing I have titled the books

FU01 - The stars
FU02 - etc.....

and meanwhile languishing within the immaculate, pristine, Metadata is the series information, some series in Modern numerals and some in Roman numerals.
*sigh*
Calibre doesn't maintain series sequence with 'author' or 'title' sort either, *SIGH*
Davidfors kobo utilities plugin automatically sets the series sort (via a workaround) for all series collections. Not as yet for author collections, but I am sure it could be done.

It is a pretty useful plugin.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #922
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Davidfors kobo utilities plugin automatically sets the series sort (via a workaround) for all series collections. Not as yet for author collections, but I am sure it could be done.
Yes, sorting an author shelf by something would be possible. I'll add it to the "think about" list.
Quote:
It is a pretty useful plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #923
giuris
giuris began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hi to everybody,
my best improvement for the next FW is the possibility to choose which dictionary can start after the touch on a word. If I read an English book (I am from Italy, and I bought my Kobo in my country) and I would like to translate a english word into italian I have to change everytime the dictionary manually for each single word 'because the dictionary of default is italian. It's crazy!! So a new feature for the next FW is these: change the order of use of dictionaries installed into kobo. Thanks
giuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #924
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
The default dictionary is linked to the language of the book that is read. If the metadata are wrong you can fix them in calibre.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:17 AM   #925
Sleepymind
Sleepymind began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I absolutely want the cbz support fixed
Currently when i put a single cbz manga with multiple chapters in it, the page order is incorrect..
Of course i could use koreader for reading manga but sometimes i prefer the default reader because i cant use the two fingure gesture to adjust the brightness
Sleepymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:15 AM   #926
louisgag
louisgag began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I'm using the latest Kobo Touch firmware (3.0.1 - 21/11/2013) and adding many notes to an Epub makes it extremely slow. Beyond more or less 50 notes, I just can't read anymore since it takes about 15 seconds to turn a page. If this is a bug it should be fixed in priority.
louisgag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:17 PM   #927
willburn
willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo glo, iPad
I'd like to be able to update Twitter: tweets and read stats.

willburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #928
UnicornSalesman
Nameless Being

Decent PDF support is all I ask for

Last edited by UnicornSalesman; 02-19-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 PM   #929
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornSalesman View Post
Decent PDF support is all I ask for
I think you need to define what you mean by that. I have very few PDFs on my Glo, but the display of them is excellent. The limitation is the 6" screen and hence the need to zoom in to read most of them. Maybe the navigation when zoomed isn't the best, but I don't know if that is what you think is missing to have "decent" support.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #930
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Maybe the "decent" is also a bit dependent on reading speed? If you're turning a page every 15 seconds or so, navigation and speed of page turns becomes very important. And a couple of seconds difference feels huge, and disrupts your flow.

There are also eyeball/brain issues: PDFs (displayed without reflow) mean Somebody Else's Font, and when it's been formatted for a page this seems to invariably mean tiny thin spidery letters.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo