Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #31
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yours are fine, because they are now static links and the browsers will cache them.

BOb
Yeah, I know that. That's why I moved them. It just irks me to hear that it's "the people with dragons in their signatures that are causing all the problems" .... It all depends on where you keep the little buggers.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Yeah, I know that. That's why I moved them. It just irks me to hear that it's "the people with dragons in their signatures that are causing all the problems" .... It all depends on where you keep the little buggers.
True... we should say people that have a link to dragcave.net in their sigs. That said of course that since you have static ones you aren't really playing the game any more... you aren't getting eggs that hatch and grow as you get hits.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #33
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
DG, do you use FireFox? Is there anything else??? If so install the Ad Block plus add-in https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865 . Once you have it installed, go Tools -> Adblock Plus Options/Preferences. Click the Add Filter button and type in dragcave.net. Ok it.

See if you see an difference after you do that.

BOb
Will do that. Thanks.

edit........done........that was quick!

Last edited by desertgrandma; 06-04-2009 at 11:42 PM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
DG, do you use FireFox? Is there anything else???
Well... there is Chrome and Opera... and some other one I can't remember right now.

BOb
Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #35
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Well... there is Chrome and Opera... and some other one I can't remember right now.

BOb
Firefox is my friend..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #36
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Yours are fine, because they are now static links and the browsers will cache them.

BOb

What about mine? Is it static too?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:31 AM   #37
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post

your's is not linked, so static is correct ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #38
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
your's is not linked, so static is correct ....
Well...I will keep mine then
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #39
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Um... well I don't see it... so it is being served from dragcave.net... so I would say no. What URL do you have in your signature that creates your dragon?

BOb
Old 06-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #40
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Bob, if you right click on the image and select "copy image location", you'll get:

http://dragcave.net/image/2HU9.gif
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #41
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Bob, if you right click on the image and select "copy image location", you'll get:

http://dragcave.net/image/2HU9.gif
Ok, but is that the same URL in EVERY one of Kris posts? Because the way dragcave.net works is that each user has a personal URL... when you request that URL dragcave.net counts your hit, matures your "eggs/dragons", generates the images and redirects to that url.

This is how the dragons/eggs mature. so, if you look at that message in two weeks there might be different images because the dragon(s) have grown. The whole system is designed so that the images will NOT be cached by browsers.

BOb
Old 06-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #42
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
That image link is specifically for the dragon "2HU9". It's in every post (that has her sig).

Oh, and the images are cached. Whenever I expose a hidden dragon I have to go clear my cache before I can see it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #43
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That image link is specifically for the dragon "2HU9". It's in every post (that has her sig).
Ok then.

Quote:
Oh, and the images are cached. Whenever I expose a hidden dragon I have to go clear my cache before I can see it.
Perhaps they are using consistent URLs then. I haven't really investigated it to deeply. But, I do know once I block that site I almost NEVER see a slow down rendering an MR page now.

BOb
Old 06-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #44
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
But, I do know once I block that site I almost NEVER see a slow down rendering an MR page now.
I did the same today after having waited 1 minute twice for a page containging postings by Nate the great to be loaded. Maybe the blocking information should be given to new members and be placed in a FAQ.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #45
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The way I work around it is, if the thing seems to be hanging, I click on the "Stop" option on the browser, and it goes right to the place i want to be at. I prefer not to turn off siggies, because they are fun. The dragons got a bit boring after a while, but i can't see banning them when there is a way around it that works okay.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote