Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennilyn View Post
What I meant is, that if I depart a book using next/previous the author sort does NOT update from red to green - only title sort.

Whatever you do differently, the way you do it, title sort AND author sort are updated from red to green. Maybe it's because of WINDOWS ... I'm using a Mac.

Anyways, I really appreciated your patience and help. Thanks a lot.
Windows aye!
You may be onto something.

The next time I have booted into Linux, I will see what that does. Won't be the first time for differing behavior. Won't be the last
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Ennilyn

FYI - the Manage Authors feature provides a button to recalculate all the author_sort values.

I find the easiest way to get to the Manage Authors feature is to right click an author name in the Book details panel and select Manage <author name>. Another way to get there via the Alter Tag Browser button at the bottom of the Tag Browser.

If the calculated value on a specific author is not what you want (eg Chinese names) then you can type the value you want into author_sort field in this list and it will be 'flagged' as valid and not show in Quality Check or Metadata Edit as being invalid.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennilyn View Post
What I meant is, that if I depart a book using next/previous the author sort does NOT update from red to green - only title sort.

Whatever you do differently, the way you do it, title sort AND author sort are updated from red to green. Maybe it's because of WINDOWS ... I'm using a Mac.

Anyways, I really appreciated your patience and help. Thanks a lot.
@Ennilyn

This is on Windows 7-SP2, calibre 1.25

if I depart a book using next/previous the author sort does NOT update from red to green.

And, title_sort is exactly the same, if I depart a book using next/previous the title sort does NOT update from red to green.

IMO that's as it should be.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author_sort