Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Books-a-Million (US) New eBookstore

Books-a-Million has opened an online ebookstore. They are also giving away Sony eReaders all through July.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Not just any Sony Reader: it's the PRS-505. I wonder where they got all of them.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought it was a 505 but I wasn't sure. It's probably leftover stock that they purchased cheaply.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Where were these leftovers when I was looking for a second one?

Also, the books are all DRM-restricted.

Last edited by Worldwalker; 07-02-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Dracula eBook Price: $6.41
(Save 18%)

Sure, uh, thanks. Where DID I put my credit card. Must be somewhere.

Darn! I just hate missing a bargain.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Well, it's always nice to have another place to shop. I notice many titles are available in Canada as well as the US.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Cool. I like having options. Too bad the 505 contest is only open to U.S. residents. If it was open to Canadians I would have to pick up a book or two. Oh well, I have a long enough reading list as it is.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:58 AM   #8
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
Dracula eBook Price: $6.41
(Save 18%)

Sure, uh, thanks. Where DID I put my credit card. Must be somewhere.

Darn! I just hate missing a bargain.
LOL, yeah. I hope they don't take that down soon!
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:58 AM   #9
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Their best seller prices seem higher than other places by about $3.

A quick look at 2009 titles and they are still a couple dollars more.

However, the company is profitable and has been the last 5 years. They are doing something right.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:02 AM   #10
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
At least they tell you about Geographic Restrictions when they show the book.

They're no use at all to me in Australia.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #11
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

Books-a-Million also doesn't give discounts on ebooks if you belong to their "club". I belong because my kids can buy manga and graphic novels at a little less than Amazon prices if I use the club card.

I noticed that everything is locked content (DRM) and just about everywhere else, too.

Since the ebookstore is pretty new, it doesn't seem to have a great deal of content.

I purchased a cheap ebook just to enter the contest.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #12
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
They are missing some of the Agy 5 publishers.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #13
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
It's going to be interesting to see how they apply their geo restrictions as we have both US and Canadian credit cards on our BAMM account. Wonder if they will go by the account or by the card?
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:27 AM   #14
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hmmm ... Books-a-Million have always carried all BeWrite Books' titles in paperback, but I notice there's not a single BB title in their new ebook store. I'll find out tomorrow, but I guess this is down to the 'established' rule at the major new ebook stores that disqualifies publishers without an official US presence (something we're working on).

I also notice that the ebook cover price on contemporary work at B-a-M is about the same as that on our paperbacks at the same store. I don't like that. If you ever see a BB ebook at more than $6.00 anywhere, please let me know so that I can look into it. I'll send you the book in question free of charge by way of thanks for the heads-up.

Cheers. Neil
Attached Images

Last edited by neilmarr; 07-04-2010 at 02:32 AM.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:31 AM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Hmmm ... Books-a-Million have always carried all BeWrite Books' titles for paperback, but I notice there's not a single BB title in their new ebook store. I'll find out tomorrow, but I guess this is down to the 'established' rule at the major new ebook stores that disqualifies publishers without an official US presence. I also notice that the ebook cover price on contemporary work is about the same as that on our paperbacks at the same store. I don't like that. Cheers. Neil
I'd guess they're getting all their ebooks through one or two big distributors like Overdrive or Ingram Digital. Are your ebooks available through one of them?

Just a thought as to why they may not have them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote