Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Custom collections on sony 505

So I noticed in the changelog that as of 633, we can customize the sony collections as per:

Quote:
Allow the metadata that is used to create collections when sending books to SONY readers to be customized

"By default collections are created on the SONY reader corresponding to series and tags. Now you can add other metadata fields, like author, or remove ones you dislike, by going to Preferences->Plugins and customizing the device interface plugin corresponding to your device."
When I looked at the device plugin it seems that you can only put all the tags as a method of collection building. I was wondering if you can actually choose which tags are used to build the collections. For example, when I convert my books, I always put a tag in showing which version of calibre coverted it so when I have poor conversions I can see which version of calibre I used and whether reconverting it would be worthwhile or whether I have to play with the file specifically. Thus, I end up with collections like "612, 613, 614, etc" on the reader which is not useful. Another example is that each series shows up as a collection. When you have lots of series tagged in calibre, you may not want them all to show up as collections on the sony reader.

So, is there any way to micromanage the collections or is this something that would not be used by many here?
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
For example, when I convert my books, I always put a tag in showing which version of calibre coverted it so when I have poor conversions I can see which version of calibre I used and whether reconverting it would be worthwhile or whether I have to play with the file specifically. Thus, I end up with collections like "612, 613, 614, etc" on the reader which is not useful.
Instead of a tag for version tracking you might want to insert that info into the comment section of the metadata. Then when you convert a book check the "Insert the book metadata at the start of the book." option under structure detection. This will place the metadata info as the first page in your book following the cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
So, is there any way to micromanage the collections or is this something that would not be used by many here?
I don't see myself using this feature.

But if it existed who knows I might end up being a big user of it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Thanks for the info. I will play around with this.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote