Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #226
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
So, guys, as I am being more and more discouraged, I was wondering about that KT. I tried one out last December but the device was not verry touch responsive and froze twice on day one and I chickened out and returned it, replacing it with a K4, which I liked so much that I ended up buying two more K4s as Xmas presents. I don't remember much of the interface. Can you access the cloud from a KT?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #227
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I could access "archive" books from the KT. They don't call it cloud, which I prefer over the KT way.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #228
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
So, guys, as I am being more and more discouraged, I was wondering about that KT. I tried one out last December but the device was not verry touch responsive and froze twice on day one and I chickened out and returned it, replacing it with a K4, which I liked so much that I ended up buying two more K4s as Xmas presents. I don't remember much of the interface. Can you access the cloud from a KT?
As far as what used to be called the Archive but now called the Cloud, yes you can access that with the Kindle Touch. I've had really good luck with my Touch, but the screen is not as good as the newly released K4 Black.

On the Touch you have to touch Menu then select View Archived Items. I think you can also do that on the K4 and K3, but I cannot remember.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-09-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #229
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
FWIW, I started a Paperwhite alternatives thread over here. (I don't have KT experience myself.)
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #230
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
As far as what used to be called the Archive but now called the Cloud, yes you can access that with the Kindle Touch. I've had really good luck with my Touch, but the screen is not as good as the newly released K4 Black.
The problem is K4B is does not have a easy way to type on it. It's like game controller keyboard. This would mean buying a Touch or a K3 if you use the keyboard alot otherwise the K4B is the best choice at the moment if you only want a Kindle reader with great contrast.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #231
setite
Enthusiast
setite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
They are both at the exact setting (24). I am definitely going to return the replacement. I'm tempted to return both and go back to my K4B with a clip light.
What's wrong with your replacement? My original and replacement are the same as your original and replacement and I prefer the replacement. It does not look as bright but I find it to be a much more pleasing color. It looks like a kindle that is readable, as opposed to the harsh blue lighting of the original.
setite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #232
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Quote:
Originally Posted by setite View Post
What's wrong with your replacement?
The shadows are gone in the replacement from the original but I do not like the yellowish background. I think the 'paper white' should be a white background and not yellow.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #233
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
I didn't say which I think is better.

PW light level was set to 14, BTW.
No, you said that the clip on light photo is on the right when it is clearly on the left.
Then I just gave my own opinion about which one I thought looked better.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #234
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
No, you said that the clip on light photo is on the right when it is clearly on the left.
He just said it wrong but it's clearly labeled in the pictures anyway

Quote:
On a whim I decided to compare how my replacement PW looked by comparison with a clip on light. So I photographed it with a MightBright clip on light as the only light source (right image) and the built in light source (left image). I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #235
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Oh yeah, obviously I don't know my left from my right!

For the record I too think the clip on light is much better on my PW. Better hue and no shadowy blotches.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #236
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Thumbs down One more thumbs-down replacement

Today my replacement arrived, in the same black PW box as my original. While it does not contain obvious blotches of different colors, the entire screen is.... GREEN! With less contrast to boot. It's like trying to read on a Day-Glo watch. Well, with lesser intensity of course. I wonder if this display was meant to go to Timex? Seriously, I had two objective friends take a first look at this replacement, without giving them any information, and asked what they thought of Amazon's new KPW. One said, "Why would they use a green background?" Then I displayed the original and they really were shocked at the obvious difference. Interestingly, when turned off and only the screen savers displayed, the replacement is indeed green in comparison.

Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed. Unless my original should magically improve, I will send them both back and stick with my Nexus 7 when I need light and continue using the KT and DXG for the bulk of my reading. On order is another PW intended as a gift but I may cancel it now. This is the worst QC I have seen coming from Amazon. Shameful, really.

Last edited by Skydog; 10-09-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #237
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Skydog, can you post a picture, and maybe even upload one to amazon.com as a customer product pic?
(Yeah, I'm done being nice!)

Also, a comparison photo maybe?
Old 10-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #238
xendula
eBookworm

Thanks for the answers in regards to the KT archive function, TG and Jack.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #239
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Skydog, can you post a picture, and maybe even upload one to amazon.com as a customer product pic?
(Yeah, I'm done being nice!)

Also, a comparison photo maybe?
Yeah agreed. It's time to take action. Amazon will listen but it has to make it to the right people.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #240
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Engadget has a "Tip us" link on their front page.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote