Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #46
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I do use InstaPaper, also. I have more of a tendency to use InstaPaper from the computer with a couple of different bookmarklets on my bookmarks toolbar (I do get a compilation of unread posts sent automagically to my Kindle daily), and Pocket from my phone, I think because Pocket has a native Android app.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #47
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Instapaper has native android client now. $2.99

http://instapaper.mobelux.com/
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #48
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
About a year ago I started a similar thread

Favorite Android Apps (link) others might want to take a peek there are some different apps listed there.

Interesting enough those are still my favorite apps. A few changes only. I've never been good with the concept of "Favorite" more like "Favorites"
*Maps
*Moon+ Reader
*K9 Mail
*Gtask
*Evernote
*Movies
*RepliGO
*Podtrapper
*Soduko
*Agenda Widgets
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #49
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Thanks for old thread. Found some games and apps to try.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #50
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Bluefire Reader
Mantano Reader

Last edited by Hopskinny; 09-09-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Hopskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #51
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
[QUOTE=ScotiaBurrell;2213316]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmac View Post

I like Instapaper better. It gives me the option of sending my larger articles in a digest to my Kindle if I want.
Question, will the send to Kindle feature work for Kindle 4 PC or the Kindle Android app? There's a couple blogs I read, with photos, that I'd love to get on my Sony e-ink or my Note. It is important the photos are included.

Was thinking if I could send to my PC, strip DRM, then I could have the content in a more easy on my aging eyes form!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #52
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
My favorite Android app is TuneIn Radio! I actually have the paid version, which has a few additional features: TuneIn Radio Pro.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #53
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I am still learning so be kind if this is as plain as the nose on your face...

I have found that a good way to get books on to my Nexus 7 (in the absence of USB flash drive access until my adapter arrives from the US of A!) is to use Dropbox and Mantano Reader.

I just pop the book into my PC Dropbox folder and then access that folder using Dropbox on the Nexus. Press and hold on the title of the book when it shows up, and a menu pops up providing options for apps to open the book. On my Nexus, Mantano Reader shows, so I choose that, and Mantano Reader downloads the book to its library. I can then delete the book from my Dropbox folder.

Pardon me if this is stating the obvious. However, it has made Dropbox an important app for me as well as Mantano Reader and Bluefire Reader.

Last edited by Hopskinny; 09-09-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Hopskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #54
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I forgot one. I run "Nature Sounds" on my phone to help me get to sleep. The only bad thing is that the "Rain" sound has a noticeable second or so of silence before it restarts each cycle.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #55
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I forgot one. I run "Nature Sounds" on my phone to help me get to sleep. The only bad thing is that the "Rain" sound has a noticeable second or so of silence before it restarts each cycle.
I have "Relax and Sleep" for this... I almost forgot about it! I like the rain on that one as well.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I listen to Norwegian folk music to put me to sleep
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #57
spursbob
spursbob began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 2 and Galaxy S
Wirelessly control your phone from a PC. Transfer files, send and receive texts, etc..

AirDroid
spursbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #58
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursbob View Post
Wirelessly control your phone from a PC. Transfer files, send and receive texts, etc..

AirDroid
This looks cool, I'm gonna try it. I tried Vectir remote before but I was unwilling to pay for it.

Edit: Wait, these are two different things. One is to control the PC from the phone one is to control the phone from the PC. Oh well, I'm trying it anyway.

Last edited by banjobama; 09-10-2012 at 02:58 PM.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #59
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
airdroid is very nice
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #60
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I listen to Norwegian folk music to put me to sleep
Scary!!!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote