Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
fgruber
Edge User

New update?

Is there a new update released today? I just got a notification from the Edge that there was a new update. I'm waiting to see if it downloads

Funny that I haven't seen any announcements on the website.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
10tklz
Edge User

I had an update yesterday and I searched the forums as well without findaing any reference to it. I don't think there is any change in the functionality or performance of my edge.

Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
fgruber
Edge User

I did find some additional functionalities. In the journal:
- now you have these tabs which are like bookmarks to the pages
- I see an info button in the journal where you see your list of tabs.

other:
- Now if you press the back button it closes the application instead of leaving it open.
- did we have widgets before? I didn't see them before. but they are there now
- I think there are some changes when you press some of the buttons in the LCD side but I'm not sure. Maybe there were there before and I didn't see them.

Hopefully at some point there will release a list of changes.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
done
Edge User

I'll have a post for everyone later today

Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
edgelover
Edge User

I haven't received any notification about a new update, except the initial update. However I don't have tabs on my journal how do you get those to show up. If there is a new update where would you be able to find it.

Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
10tklz
Edge User

Yesterday I simply turned on my edge and a notice of the update popped in my face. I have it set for automatic updates under Default Device Preferences. Alternatively you can go to Default Device Preferences and tell it to check for an update.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
To use/see the tabs in the Journal, go to the page where you want to start a tab and tap the +-tab toolbar icon (to right of the (i) Info icon). This will display a dialog for managing the tabs. Once you have a tab inserted, you'll see the tab name at the bottom of the eInk side to the right of the "x of y" page indicator.

I've sent enTourage an email to see if they can provide some formal documentation on tabs in the Journal. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with.
Thanks for that info, Boris. I was not aware of this feature. There is a lot to learn about the eDGe, and a sometimes frustrating lack of documentation.
Joe

Old 04-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #8
done
Edge User

This update includes improvements for the device registration. If you have already registered your device, you will not need to load this update. We have also put this on the blog. https://www.entourageedge.com/blog/?p=474

Old 04-23-2010, 01:58 AM   #9
maren
Edge User

If I just ordered the eDGe yesterday, will it come updated? Or will I need to load all past updates?

Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 AM   #10
Dellaster
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maren View Post
If I just ordered the eDGe yesterday, will it come updated? Or will I need to load all past updates?
You'll want to check to be sure, of course, but mine seems to have come updated. After multiple checks over the past couple days since I received it, it has found no update and says I'm up to date. This was a unit shipped to me on Tuesday.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #11
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Exclamation 20100426

Just updated. What was changed?