Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
andamooka
andamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura about

Device: kobo glo
deDRMing kindle files for kobo glo

Hi,
I found this forum by asking google, and have been reading answers to similar questions.

I have downloaded Calibre, I have downloaded the kindle pc version. Both those seem straighforward.

I have been to apprentice alf, downloaded a zip file, and I am reading the read me first bit - and this is where I am a bit confused. It says to DeDRM books, I need to add the plugins on Calibre. On preferences, it has a tab 'Get Plugins to Enhance Calibre'
But which plugin/s do I need? There's not one that seems obvious for what I need.

I apologise if what I am asking is something very simple, but I am not the most technical of minds, and would appreciate someone spelling it out step by step for me.

Many thanks
andamooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I suggest you ask at the place you got the tools, where the answer will be to read the FAQs there.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
To add an 'unofficial' plugin in Calibre open Calibre's preferences, then click on Plugins under Advanced, then Load Plugin from File.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
andamooka
andamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura aboutandamooka has a spectacular aura about

Thank you I'm sorted now!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
andamooka

I spoke too soon.
I have Kindle for PC. If I buy an ebook from Amazon, it shows up in the kindlePC application, but I can't move the books to my desktop to put through Calibre. Currently it's only allowing me to access the freebooks.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What do you mean when you say "I can't move the books to my desktop"? When you download books with Kindle for PC, they appear in your "My Documents\My Kindle Contents" folder. Simply use Windows Explorer to drag them from that folder into Calibre.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote