Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-29-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
vvoi666
Zealot
vvoi666 began at the beginning.

subscription content for the iliad

hi,

has anyone heard something new about subscription content for the iliad?
all i know about is the test run with 'de tijd' (begium) and an agreement (whatever that means) with 'la republica' (italy).

nothing interesting here for me (either language or subject wise).

i want something in english or german (daily newspaper, cars, gadgets, internet, games, science, weekly magazines like german 'spiegel', 'focus' etc). are any of these things coming in the near future?
vvoi666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I know of the following (planned) trials:
  • De Tijd three-month trial with 200 devices.
  • New York Times plans a trial of 300 devices.
  • International Herald Tribune is in discussions to make subscriptions available this year.
  • Les Echos (parent of The Financial Times) plans to trial the Sony Reader with as many as 500 readers, however it will offer a customized version of its newspaper with a different look from the traditional paper format (remember the Sony Reader has a lower resolution than the iRex making customized layout almost inevitable). Other reader devices are also under consideration.
  • French Le Monde, La Parisienne and L'Equipe are also to offer trials.
Also, the following publishers participate in the eNews initiative for addressing the e-paper market (iRex is also member):

Bonnier/Expressen (Sweden), De Telegraaf (the Netherlands), Edipresse Publications (Switzerland), Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH & Co. (Germany), New York Times Company (U.S.A.), Nordjyske Medier (Denmark), Orkla Media (Norway), La Parisienne (France), PrisaCom/El País (Spain), Rheinische Post (Germany), Sanoma Corp. (Finland), Schibsted/Aftonbladet (Norway and Sweden), Stampen/ Göteborgs-Posten (Sweden), Styria Medien (Austria), Tamedia AG (Switzerland), Telegraph Group (U.K.), Tribune Interactive (U.S.A.), Voralberger Zeitungsverlag und Druckerei (Austria), Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (Germany), Yomiuri Shimbun (Japan).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
vvoi666
Zealot
vvoi666 began at the beginning.

to me, this sounds like subscription content for 'average users' is at least one year away.

test phase -> evaluate test phase -> make decisions -> start distributing content = we won't see it in 2006

i guess i'll stick with my 770 for a while
vvoi666 is offline   Reply With Quote