Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 05:13 AM   #31
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Will saving that as a linux.inf file and then following the SSH instructions for Windows XP on the OI site, enable one to set up SSH natively under Windows 7 rather than having to set up the Virtual PC as I did?
I may be mistaken, but I could not find any difference between the above INF code and the code in the linux.inf available at openinkpot.org
Old 02-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #32
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I may be mistaken, but I could not find any difference between the above INF code and the code in the linux.inf available at openinkpot.org
Then for now I'll stick with the Virtual PC solution. As the old saying goes....."if it aint broke, don't fix it!"

Cheers,
PKFFW
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #33
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Then for now I'll stick with the Virtual PC solution. As the old saying goes....."if it aint broke, don't fix it!"

Cheers,
PKFFW
Just got myself a new computer with Windows 7 on it, but for my version Microsoft requires me to PURCHASE an upgrade to the XP emulator (virtual PC), an expense I'm presently not willing to incur. Luckily I still have my old XP computer on hand to use in transferring titles to my BeBook One via WinSCP. Is there any progress on discovering a way to use the Windows 7 natively to do the trick?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #34
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
I have to admit that as the Virtual PC gizmo works for me, I haven't taken any time to look for other solutions.

If anyone else has any new info I'd like to hear it too.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 04-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #35
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Although current SSH installation instructions now seem to indicate that WinSCP access is available for the native version of Windows 7 (as opposed to needing to use the XP emulator), and using those instructions I have seemingly been able to install the necessary driver, I still can't access my BeBook (as I was easily able to do previously with Windows XP). (Luckily I still have another computer running XP so I can still download books to my BeBook.) I believe the problem might be that the only drivers offered by Microsoft are 32-bit drivers -- and my particular Windows 7 is 64-bit! Oh, well, as long as I still have my trusty XP I'm OK.
Advert