Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Trying to source a book

I hope this is the right forum, I couldn't find anywhere else that this would seem suitable...

I have been looking for "The Better Mousetrap" by Tom Holt for a while.

I know that Waterstones and WHSmith have it, but in both cases, it is more expensive to buy the E-book than it is to buy the Hardback. I refuse to pay more for a digital copy than a physical copy!

So, could anybody let me know if there is anywhere I might be able to get this elsewhere?

Most of the sites I have checked don't seem to have any Tom Holt available

Thanks in advance...
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
They are selling it in ePub format. And they are the two biggest ePub sellers right now (BoB a distant third). So I would guess that it will be a while before other stores have it. The publisher might not want to sell in other formats.

You could try writing to the publisher to complain about the price.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks,

I have already sent a mail to the publisher (Orbit) asking about the price and asking them why they are charging more for the Ebook that the HB....
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote