Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
When Avatars lead to random web searches.

I was reading the new readius thread when I noticed petermillard's totally scary robot-of-death-like-evilness-with-optional-nightmare-of-doom-glare AVATAR (which is totally awesome - YA for robot-head!).
Name:  faceT.gif
Views: 216
Size:  7.4 KB

Anyways after I recovered sufficiently and grabbed a new pair of pants I wondered, naturally, what other robot-nightmare vision lay out there on the web. Found this review The Five Worst Robots of All Time.

For the record I totally disagree with the first one on the list.
G*d D**M IT! mechaGodzilla dude. enough said.

I wondered what other boredom inspired web-searches avatars might spawn???

Last edited by tINmOUSE; 07-07-2008 at 06:20 AM.
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well i'm sure i've done my share of avatar-inspired websearches in my time, although none come immediately to mind, but i have to agree that petermillard's avatar is absolutely brilliant. i love it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i would also like to commend you on the creation of possibly the silliest single tag yet :
"avatar boredom taco." we're glad you showed up, tinmouse. i knew you were going to fit right in around here.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
tINmOUSE
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

wow - that was quick.
Thought I'd get away with the 'taco' tag for awhile yet.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel

Teh Pinwheel sees all.
Advert
Old 07-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
tINmOUSE

It all becomes clear to me.

the great pinwheel in the sky theory
(well actually not I guess but how else can I throw in this totally off-subject-word-play-on-Zelda's-username link????)

Sky-Pinwheels. Monster Death-Ray or Pretty Lightshow?
(ok so I made up the title myself).

Last edited by tINmOUSE; 07-06-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tINmOUSE View Post
It all becomes clear to me.

the great pinwheel in the sky theory
(well actually not I guess but how else can I throw in this totally off-subject-word-play-on-Zelda's-username link????)
finally, someone catches on.

Quote:
Sky-Pinwheels. Monster Death-Ray or Pretty Lightshow?
(ok so I made up the title myself).
probably best not to find out for sure, don't you think ?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
tINmOUSE

lol.

though Zelda_Death_Ray is kinda catchy but I guess it gives the game away, right?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tINmOUSE View Post
lol.

though Zelda_Death_Ray is kinda catchy but I guess it gives the game away, right?
exactly. i do try to keep a low profile.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
And ZP never shoots anything she won't eat, even with the Zelda_Death_Ray. She's a good vegetarian.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
And ZP never shoots anything she won't eat, even with the Zelda_Death_Ray. She's a good vegetarian.
yep, he's right about that.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Tell that to all the scared and screaming vegetables.

Cheers,
Marc (One day the salad will rise and vanquish the carnivores)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #13
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Tell that to all the scared and screaming vegetables.

Cheers,
Marc (One day the salad will rise and vanquish the carnivores)
I know, she EATS THEIR BABIES! Well, at least the corn, beans, peas & tomatoes.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Life: it's a meal!

Or, as I once heard, everything you eat is/was alive - it's just that some of it moves.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:27 AM   #15
tINmOUSE

Things that never lived that we eat.

salt. we eat salt. and um taco's (gathered from deep taco mines as everyone knows).
and water (well ok 'drink')... oh OH and we consume sunlight (vitamin D I think).
And those sandwiches you buy from venting machines.

Tags
avatar boredom taco, unutterable silliness