Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2008, 02:22 AM   #1
orien
orien began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 1945, 02 XDA Mini, Sony PRS505
Sony Connect wont start up...

I've just installed the Sony Connect software. I run Windows Vista and have about 11gigs of free space left on my laptop, and I've checked the specifications on the Sony site to make sure that I've met all of them, but the software won't start up at all! I click on the icon on my desktop and nothing happens. I've tried shutting down my computer and booting it up again and still nothing. I've uninstalled, restarted the comp and then installed again and it still won't start..

I've also downloaded Calibre, which is working perfectly well, but I wanted to try using the Sony provided software too because I'd read somewhere in this forum that using Connect to load your books into your reader will help cut down on the initial loading time.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
orien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Add "eBook Library.exe" to the DEP exclusion list.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
orien

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Add "eBook Library.exe" to the DEP exclusion list.
I've turned off DEP, and it's still not running. This program is so frustrating...But thank you for the suggestion!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Have you checked the Task Manager to make sure it's not actually running in the background or maybe taking very long to load?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
orien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Have you checked the Task Manager to make sure it's not actually running in the background or maybe taking very long to load?
When I start up the task manager, Connect isn't listed on the applications tab, but it is in the 'processes'. Does that mean that it's starting up? Although if it is, then it's been idling for like...a couple of hours already.
Advert
Old 06-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Doesn't the connect/ebook library software and Calibre use the same driver? If so, this is likely to be the problem.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You cannot use Connect with the 505. You have to install eBook Library. eBook Library is an upgrade for Connect that works with the 500 & 505. Connect only works with the 500.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote