Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Andrewzy
Andrewzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problem with a Guardian.co.uk recipe

I've been using a supplied Calibre recipe for the Guardian.co.uk for some months and until the beginning of the week it worked well. However since Monday deliveries to my Kindle have been failing - please see the error message I've been receiving below. I use four other recipes to download material and they're still fine.

I would be very grateful for any help with this.

Andrew, UK

calibre, version 0.8.33
ERROR: Failed to email book: <b>Failed</b>: Email The Guardian and The Observer [Fri, 07 Dec 2012] to xxx@Kindle.com

Starting job: Email The Guardian and The Observer [Fri, 07 Dec 2012] to xxx@Kindle.com
connect: (u'smtp.gmail.com', 587)
connect: (587, u'smtp.gmail.com')

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 37, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 112, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 105, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 281, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Retrying in 301 seconds...

connect: (u'smtp.gmail.com', 587)
connect: (587, u'smtp.gmail.com')

Sending failed...

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 37, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 112, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 105, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 281, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Job: "Email The Guardian and The Observer [Fri, 07 Dec 2012] to xxx@Kindle.com" failed with error:
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 92, in __call__

Called with args: (u'c:\\users\\andrew\\appdata\\local\\temp\\calibr e_0.8.33_tmp_brp6gw\\lraibvcaltmpfmt.epub', u'The Guardian and The Observer [Fri, 07 Dec 2012] - calibre.epub', u'xxx@Kindle.com', u'E-book: The Guardian and The Observer [Fri, 07 Dec 2012]', u'Attached, you will find the e-book\n\nThe Guardian and The Observer [Fri, 07 Dec 2012]\n\tby calibre\n\nin the EPUB format.') {u'notifications': <Queue.Queue instance at 0x055E4DA0>, u'abort': <threading._Event object at 0x05DC4BB0>, u'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x0A340B90>}
Andrewzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error emailling the downloaded book, see http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ails-using-app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
Andrewzy

Many thanks for replying so quickly. I've read the FAQ and I'm not quite sure what to do. I'm using Gmail already and as I mentioned all the other recipes are working OK. Is there something simple I can try to fix this? Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See the line

That means the server you are using to send mail (presumably gmail) is blocking you. It may be because the file you are trying to send is too large, or for some other reason, no way to know.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:22 AM   #5
Andrewzy

OK, many thanks again for your help. I am using Gmail so perhaps if I use another email service that will resolve the problem.
Advert