Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
bhuvana786
Enthusiast
bhuvana786 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to embed PPT in html for ePub

Hi,

I would like to embed PPT in html file for epub creation. On searching the net, i found that PPT cannot be embedded directly as it requires reader for viewing the presentation and hence it should be converted to iPAD support format such as mp4 etc., But this is not providing me the desired output. I've attached the required output format of presentation in ePub.

Can anyone help me how to get this output?

thanks,
Bhuvana
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sample.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	74387  
bhuvana786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Why oh why. If you want that, create an app. Don't put sh*t like that in an ePub. It is bad enough Apple allows stuff like audio/video and ignores perfectly normal TEXT settings in the ePUB standard.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
If all you want is a set of images, why not export them as a bunch of jpegs and embed those?

But to be honest, this is one of those times when it would be easier to use a PDF instead. ePub is really meant for reflowable material.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote