Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Dave W
Connoisseur
Dave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600 & Nook ST w/glow light
SD card use on PRS 600

I've probably posted this question before, but never got a complete answer. My reader is getting cluttered with books. So what I want to do is archive the books I've read on an SD card and remove them from the reader itself. In the future, if I want to re-read a book, I want to insert the SD card and read the book from there without putting it back in reader memory. Also, if the card has not been inserted, I don't want the books on it appearing in the reader book list on in the Sony Library software. I aslo want to delete the books from my computer and the Sony library so that the only place the books appear is on the SD card. For safety, I might also back up the books on a DVD.

Is there an easy way to do this? Would Calibre make the task any easier? I've looked in the help file for Calibre and can't find anything that explains how to do what I wish to do.

Can anyone give me a step by step (or a link to the same) procedure for transferring my books to an SD card and removing the books from both the reader and the Sony Library? Then how do I read an old book without transferring it back to either the reader or the Sony Libray? Will the SD card have data that remembers what page I was reading when I shut down the reader?

Thanks for helping out with this.

Dave W
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote