Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 08-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #31
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You runned out of letters; have these so you can make words

Can I buy a vowel?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:42 PM   #32
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Quick. Post "This is my most recent post" in that thread and I'll check.
It seems to take you to the last post.

Click the link and tell me what you see.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #33
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:

I see a post you made, that claims to be your latest post in the thread. Latest post in the thread, in other words.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

It took me to the last one.

Paul had these links in his version:

First Page
First Unread
Last Page

Any chance of using his "First Unread" link?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:39 PM   #35
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I see a post you made, that claims to be your latest post in the thread. Latest post in the thread, in other words.
So it didn't take you to the last post you read, but rather the last post in the thread? Is that right?
Old 08-31-2014, 10:44 PM   #36
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Dale's link should take you to the last unread post. It's the same link as Paul's "First Unread" post.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:57 PM   #37
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

An old friend popped in and helped me to determine that Dale's link does indeed take you to the first unread post.

I'm going to ask Paul to delete his sticky, now that we have a link that takes us straight to the first unread post in the thread.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:06 PM   #38
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
It took me to the last one.

Paul had these links in his version:

First Page
First Unread
Last Page

Any chance of using his "First Unread" link?
Thanks for helping out, tm. I've now deleted all our experimental posts in the Deals thread, including those made afterward by Agatha Chicken, to keep things clean and tidy.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:37 PM   #39
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
So it didn't take you to the last post you read, but rather the last post in the thread? Is that right?
Actually, no. I didn't think much about it until you asked for clarification though.

On my first attempt it took me to the last post in that thread I read, but it was a VERY old one. So I clicked on the last page of the thread and checked the last posts, then went back here and clicked on the linked thread again. On my second try it took me to the very last post of the thread. That's what I expected to happen,so that's what I reported.... "working as designed" in beta tester terms.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #40
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I like the new solution, with a link to the last unread post. Makes it easy to check from here. And thanks for the new forum. Even though I was slightly in favour of not creating a forum, I'm sure it will work out in the end.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:00 AM   #41
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I like this one better.

Which post are we being taken to -- first unread or last?
should be first unread.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #42
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Can I buy a vowel?
& are cheap. tubmonkey has an extra.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:26 AM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
should be first unread.

Dale
Thanks; we got it figured out.

And thanks again for going the Link route. I definitely like that method the best.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:29 AM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Can I buy a vowel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
& are cheap. tubmonkey has an extra.

Dale
Vowels are 2 bananas each; consonants 1 banana each
Old 09-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #45
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Thanks; we got it figured out.

And thanks again for going the Link route. I definitely like that method the best.
Yes, me too, but I do have a suggestion. Could the sticky linking to the first post of the Current Audiobooks Specials be returned? That first post has so much useful summary information and Tubemonkey keeps it updated, and it might easily be missed. It could have a different name here so as to avoid confusion.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote