Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
rhyous
rhyous began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Font not showing up on Nook HD

So I am trying to figure out how to get my font to show up on a nook.

I have tested my novel on both Nook HD and the Nook app on windows 8 and neither are showing the font.

I have setup the font exactly has described on Sigil's web site. It works perfectly when I convert to a Kindle mobi, or look at the epub in Calibre. It just doesn't work on the nook.

Spent all day researching it yesterday and couldn't fix it.

Here is a sample epub with just the one font: Font Example Alex Brush ePub.zip

After downloading, just rename the .zip file to .epub and you can open it in Sigil.

Does anyone know how to make this font show up on a Nook HD?

Last edited by rhyous; 11-10-2013 at 12:19 PM.
rhyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't work in ADE, nor (after conversion via Kindle Previewer) on anything but Kindle Fire devices.

By "doesn't work," I mean the font displays as a default serif font rather than the script font.

So given it doesn't work on ADE, I am not at all surprised it doesn't work on the nook.

I've not been able to chase down WHY it doesn't work...

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Your Family name in both .scripts
Needs to be quoted, they have spaces
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:03 AM   #4
rhyous
rhyous began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Solved

It was the quotes. As soon as I wrapped the quote names, it worked.

Note: Also, Publisher Defaults must be set to On.

Code:
@font-face
{
    font-family: "Alex Brush";
	font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
    src: url("../Fonts/AlexBrush-Regular-OTF.otf");
}

.script {
	font-size: 1.5em;
}
Interesting that validating with FlightCrew didn't catch that.

Last edited by rhyous; 11-15-2013 at 03:21 AM.
rhyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyous View Post
It was the quotes. As soon as I wrapped the quote names, it worked.

Note: Also, Publisher Defaults must be set to On.

Code:
@font-face
{
	font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
    src: url("../Fonts/AlexBrush-Regular-OTF.otf");
}

.script {
	font-size: 1.5em;
}
Interesting that validating with FlightCrew didn't catch that.
1) Flightcrew does not check the CSS. Use W3 (a right click option) CSS validator.
2) You could have fonts Alex with Brush as a fallback (technically; there is still a missing comma). You could have had "Alax Brash", and W3C would not catch that either.
The validators are Syntax and matching keyword checkers
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote