Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #31
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Linda Howard's All the Queen's Men down to $2.82 at Amazon
Such a great example of Linda Howard at her best.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #32
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Enjoy the new kindle Blossom.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #33
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Congrats Blossom on your new Kindle! I'm still looking for a bargain on 1st gen KPW.

$.99 Please note this is labelled erotica, and is supposed to be very dark and gritty. Rated 4.35 with over 1000 ratings at GR, rockstar book.
Beneath the Burn by Pam Godwin
blurb:
They meet by chance. The timing is wrong.

Three years later, she finds him again, but their separation was poisoned with narcotics and bloodied by enslavement.

Her freedom gambled away, Charlee Grosky escapes the international businessman who held her captive. But his power reaches beyond her protective barriers and threatens everyone she has come to love.

Jay Mayard wears his tortured secrets under his rock god facade. Drugs are his release, even as he seeks to be the man forged of the steel only she can see.

In a celebrity world filled with paparazzi, groupies, and drugs, Jay and Charlee must face their worst fears. When the battle is over, what will be left...Beneath The Burn.

Genre: Romantic/Erotic Thriller, Content warning: Age 18+ only

Also, it's not price-matched yet at Kobo, but you could check later. ETA yes, its .99 at KoboUs now also. ETA, as per chilady1's post below mine, please doublecheck price before entering 'buy now'!

Last edited by Blue2u; 10-02-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #34
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Congrats Blossom on your new Kindle! I'm still looking for a bargain on 1st gen KPW.

Also, it's not price-matched yet at Kobo, but you could check later. ETA yes, its .99 at KoboUs now also.
BE CAREFUL! It is listed at Kobo for .99 however, when you click on it and go to apply coupon and pay - the price comes up as $3.99. Went in twice.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #35
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
BE CAREFUL! It is listed at Kobo for .99 however, when you click on it and go to apply coupon and pay - the price comes up as $3.99. Went in twice.
Kobo really needs to get their website straight.
It came up for me just fine, just bought it before I edited my post!
If it weren't for the great deals, I wouldn't even go to their website, it's just way too inconsistent and frustrating.

I also edited my initial post again to caution people, thanks chilady1!

Last edited by Blue2u; 10-02-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #36
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Free on ARe:

Nor Iron Bars a Cage, by Kaje Harper

Quote:
First I was a sorcerer. Then I was a hermit. For so long—for years that seemed to go on forever—I couldn't bear to be touched. I put up not just walls but whole stone bunkers to keep everyone out, emotionally, and physically as well. I was protected from people, from ghosts, from specters real and imagined. Sure, I was alone. But I felt safe. Only, after a while, I wasn't sure any longer whether a totally "safe" empty life was really worth living.
Then Tobin came along. Out of the blue, out of my past, with a summons from the king that he wouldn't let me ignore. I tried to cling to my isolation, but he wouldn't give up on me. Tobin never believed in walls.

This story was written as a part of the M/M Romance Group's "Love Has No Boundaries" event. Group members were asked to write a story prompt inspired by a photo of their choice. Authors of the group selected a photo and prompt that spoke to them and wrote a short story.
ePub, Adobe Acrobat and Mobipocket. DRM-free
Old 10-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #37
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Smashwords freebie ($4.99 on Kindle)

Amethyst (Jewel Trilogy #1) by Lauren Royal (Signet 2000)

Quote:
London, 1666

Amethyst Goldsmith makes dazzling jewelry, but her future isn't nearly as bright as the pieces she creates. Though custom dictates she wed her father's apprentice, her heart rebels against the match. In mere days Amy will be condemned to a stifling, loveless marriage, and she sees no way out--until the devastating fire of 1666 sweeps through London, and tragedy lands her in the arms of a dashing nobleman who knows a diamond in the rough when he sees it...

Colin Chase, the Earl of Greystone, has his future all figured out. He's restoring his crumbling castle and estate to its former glory, and the key to its completion is his rich bride-to-be. But the Great Fire lays waste to his plans, saddling him with trouble--in the form of a lowly shopkeeper's daughter with whom he's most inconveniently falling in love
Old 10-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #38
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smashwords freebie ($3.99 Kindle)

Catalina's Lover (Latin Legacy #1) by Vanessa Grant (Mills & Boon 1992)

Quote:
Juan Corsica Perez was a man who believed the earth belonged to him, and everyone in it. Only Cathy Jenan thought otherwise. They had known each other once and it had been wonderful, but although Cathy had traveled all over the world since she last saw her first love, she'd never returned to Peru. Then fate, and Juan Corsica Perez, forced her back.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Smashwords freebie ($3.99 Kindle)

Catalina's Lover (Latin Legacy #1) by Vanessa Grant (Mills & Boon 1992)
Perfect timing! I am playing around with the Smashwords Dropbox Beta feature. So I am looking for books to add.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #40
apesmom
Wizard

Kobo freebie from Sourcebooks

A Lady's Revenge (Nexus #1) by Tracey Devlyn (wasn't someone just asking about her books here?)

Quote:
British agent Cora deBeau has spent the last three years seducing secrets from the most hardened of French spies while searching for her parents’ killer. When her latest assignment goes awry, she suffers at the hands of her French captor until Guy Trevelyan, the Earl of Helsford and master cryptographer, saves her during a daring rescue. Scarred and wary of men, Cora shies away from the one man who could heal her savaged heart.

After rescuing Cora from a French dungeon, Guy discovers it was one of his deciphered messages that led to her captivity. Guy strives to earn her forgiveness while outwitting their enemy. But will he find the scars on her wounded soul run too deep?
Also free on Nook (I bet this is their Free Friday book for the week)

Last edited by apesmom; 10-03-2013 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Added nook link
Old 10-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #41
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Perfect timing! I am playing around with the Smashwords Dropbox Beta feature. So I am looking for books to add.
You too?
Old 10-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kobo freebie from Sourcebooks

A Lady's Revenge (Nexus #1) by Tracey Devlyn (wasn't someone just asking about her books here?)
Thanks I have one of hers but not this one. Any more Sourcebook freebies? It's been a long time since they have given us anything.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #43
apesmom
Wizard

This one's been free for awhile, I don't know if anyone ever posted it.

Wronged (Cuvier Widows #1) by Slyvia McDaniel
[previously published as Sunlight on Josephine Street, Zebra (2002)]
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
Wealthy Creole businessman Jean Cuvier had not one secret, but two. Two extra brides, to be precise--which was a scandalous shock to his true wife. Except she was no longer a wife now that Jean had been murdered. She was one of the three Cuvier widows. She Wasn't Looking For Romance Grief was the last thing Marian Cuvier felt when she got word of her husband's untimely death. Anger, shock, humiliation--that was more like it. But determination surfaced, too--to ensure her children's future and find her new place in the world. That led her to Jean's shipping business, and to Louis Fournet, Jean's former partner. Convincing Louis that she was more than a delicate, useless ornament to New Orleans society was the first problem. And when the darkly handsome businessman awakened feelings Marian found wholly unfamiliar but all too tempting, she discovered that convincing herself not to fall in love again was going to be the most difficult task of all.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:09 AM   #44
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
What's this?
Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
What's this?
Smashwords is testing a new feature to their site. Send your books to your Dropbox or your Kindle or both. I got in on the beta testing. So far so good. You can only send books from your Library page. It would be awesome if you could from the book page but all new purchases are auto sent to the devices you choose. All older or free books you can send from the library page.
Closed Thread