Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #181
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I discovered it only because I was keeping off wireless to conserve battery for a few weeks! I was surprised because on the nook I think the DRM is date-driven (and set by the software) and books age off no matter what, but the Kindle's date is user-set so is not reliable.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #182
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I am such a sucker for a sale. I went back and also got Redemption and Absolution by Susannah Sandlin (aka Suzanne Johnson who writes for Tor). Looks like a fresh take on vampires and it's been awhile since I've found a new paranormal series I want to follow.
I picked those up also. I've read her Sentinels of New Orleans UF series and really liked her writing style, so I figured I'd give these a try even though I'm kind of burnt out on vamps.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #183
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I picked those up also. I've read her Sentinels of New Orleans UF series and really liked her writing style, so I figured I'd give these a try even though I'm kind of burnt out on vamps.
I grabbed 'Redemption' too. Another came up as recommended after I got that one, "Raphael" by D.B. Reynolds, has anybody here read that author?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #184
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
I read Raphael and Jabril by D.B. Reynolds and liked them, especially Raphael. I'm moving on to Rajmund soon.

I love mystery and suspense with strong females, and Reynolds' human protagonist is strong enough to handle the very hot and scary male vampires. Overall, the two I read were well done.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #185
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I read Raphael and Jabril by D.B. Reynolds and liked them, especially Raphael. I'm moving on to Rajmund soon.

I love mystery and suspense with strong females, and Reynolds' human protagonist is strong enough to handle the very hot and scary male vampires. Overall, the two I read were well done.
Thank you for the recommendation. I added it to my list and will see if it comes up on sale in the next bit. I have no shortage of books to read while I wait for it come on sale!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #186
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay just bought another one: Guardians of Stone Thanks to Karen's blog! The last one I swear!
Sorry about that...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #187
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I grabbed 'Redemption' too. Another came up as recommended after I got that one, "Raphael" by D.B. Reynolds, has anybody here read that author?
Oh yes! I've read the first 5. Love this series, used to get them all mulit-format at Fictionwise but now that it's gone they only sell for Kindle or pdf. Waiting to see if they start selling epubs from a store that discounts before I pick up the current release.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #188
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Oh yes! I've read the first 5. Love this series, used to get them all mulit-format at Fictionwise but now that it's gone they only sell for Kindle or pdf. Waiting to see if they start selling epubs from a store that discounts before I pick up the current release.
Mine came from Fictionwise, also, and are now in my Nook library, although not available for purchase from B&N. The product detail at the B&N website says: "We're working on making this title available on NOOK® for Web". It would be nice to see them at Kobo and BoB.

New covers would not go amiss.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #189
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
New covers would not go amiss.
OMG! I so agree! Whenever I recommend these I always add "They're a lot better than the covers would suggest!"
Old 01-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #190
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
They are Lendable. You might try Lendle or the Lending thread over at Amazon's Romance forum.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #191
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

Hint of Desire US DE by Lavinia Kent (was only published two days ago; Avon author).

Quote:
An Enigmatic Duke . . .

Arthur Alexander DeWolf, the eighth Duke of Westlake, lacks for nothing in life . . . except a woman who will stir his blood for longer than one night. Until fate steps in on his morning ride and he stumbles across Lily St. Aubin, Countess of Worthington.

A Desperate Young Woman . . .

It is on the worst day of her life that Lily meets the imperious duke. Helpless and unable to resist, she has no choice but to trust that this dangerously handsome man will protect her and newborn son. But, as trust begins to grow between them, danger lurks ever closer . . . danger that could destroy Lily. And their newfound love.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #192
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Smashwords (no DRM, multiformat):

Taffeta & Hotspur by Claudy Conn.

Quote:
Lord Thurston Tarrant, known as Hotspur on the London social scene, thinks Lady Taffeta Grantham is too young and idealistic. Experience has taught him that love is found only in fairy tales and that very few women can be trusted—especially young and attractive ones.

As for Taffy, she finds the rakehell cynical and arrogant—definitely not the hero, the man of principles and romance, her heart longs for. Besides, as one of the Rogues Three, she is more concerned with social injustice than a man who could use his influence to right wrongs but shows no interest in doing so.

So why does Tarrant find himself enchanted by the beautiful and high-spirited Taffy? Why does Taffy’s sporadic gift of sight insist on showing her visions of Tarrant as a bold and passionate lover—her lover?

When the prince of flirts catches the princess of thieves in a ‘Robin Hood’ encounter gone wrong, a secret is discovered, a promise is given, and two lives will be changed in ways neither could have dreamed.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #193
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Free from Smashwords (no DRM, multiformat):

Taffeta & Hotspur by Claudy Conn.
Also at Amazon
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #194
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
This isn't on sale but I though I point it out. I own the paperback and was totally just doing my happy book dance when I saw it was now available as an ebook. If you want something not so cookie cutter this is one for your collection!

$3.99 by Random House:

The Last Warrior by Kristen Kyle

(Loveswept Historical Romance)
Note: This is a swashbuckling romance with a oriental twist.
The paperback cover is so much better!

Quote:
East and west collide—and two lives will never be the same. A new love is rising in this thrilling novel of romance and revenge from Kristen Kyle.

Captain Jake Talbert has come to San Francisco on an all-consuming quest for the precious samurai swords he once wore as a warrior in his adopted homeland of Japan. Jake will go to any lengths to retrieve the heirlooms—and the honor he lost along with them. He is prepared to fight if he must, but he does not foresee the battle he is about to face—or the spirited opponent determined to get in his way.

Meghan McLowry has come to the waterfront in search of the notorious Captain Talbert after hearing of his fondness for sword collecting and his ability to fight as no westerner can. She makes him a deal: If he can protect her father from the deadly vengeance of the Tong, she will gladly hand over the five exquisite swords she received as a birthday present from her father. Little does she know that Talbert is no crude sailor to be bent to her will, but a dangerously seductive warrior who will stop at nothing to get what he wants—whether it’s justice, respect, or a woman’s heart.
Another one of her books is on sale. I grabbed it too.

$2.99 by Random House
Promise of Gold by Kristen Kyle
(Historical Romance)
Note: This is book two in series. Book one, Touched by Gold is $7.99

Quote:
An Irresistible Prize...

With three aging godfathers to care for, Rosa Constanza Wright had no choice but to turn her unique talents to stealing. Yet when the beautiful and brazen flamenco dancer commits the most daring burglary of her career, she discovers a 270-year-old journal that may hold the key to a wealth of sunken Spanish treasure. But Rosa has competition.

Derek Carlisle, Viscount Graystone, has traveled all the way to Cuba seeking the priceless document, and when he learns that it has fallen into Rosa’s lovely hands, the relentlessly determined and devastatingly handsome archaeologist vows to find her....

An Undeniable Passion

But Graystone is in for the surprise of his life, for Rosa is unlike any woman he’s ever met. Saucy and stubborn, resourceful and clever, she demands an equal partnership in his quest. Soon the two are embarking on a bold adventure on the high seas, where their search for the Spanish galleon will lead them into infinite peril–and where they will discover a passion far more tempting, and far more precious, than a fortune in gold.
The Author only wrote 4 books. I now own 3 of them. Nighthawk isn't available in ebook form yet but I have the PB. Added Touch by Gold to Wish List hoping it will go down in price.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-21-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #195
apesmom
Wizard

Free from Ellora's Cave at various sources. Well rated on Goodreads with 3.98 stars from 1815 ratings!

Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice (Midnight #1) Kindle | Nook | Ellora's Cave

Quote:
Interior decorator Suzanne Barron's new tenant is the most dangerously sexy man she's ever met. Navy Commander John Huntington, a former SEAL (aka 'Midnight Man') works best under cover of darkness. Within hours of meeting him, Suzanne has wild, no-holds barred sex with John, then panics at the depth of her passionate response to such a powerful and dangerous warrior. Suzanne doesn't do sex like that. John is definitely someone she needs to avoid for her own peace of mind. But when killers come for her, Suzanne knows she can turn to only one man. John will guard and protect her body. But who will guard and protect her body against John?