Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #76
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbass View Post
...I upgraded from PE to EE just to work a bigger size Jounal and there is no Jounal in the EE...
You have no Journal 'after' upgrading to ermine on the 10" edge? If so, this is the first reported as everyone else, self included, still have a Journal after upgrading to the entourage edge ermine beta. Did you check it is in the "X" menu and not just without a shortcut.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #77
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
... In the future, if I update to a newer version of the OS from a generic source, will I lose the dual book functionality (the interoperability between the ereader and tablet screens)? Thanks, Gary
I would have to say you'd lose the interoperability when upgrading with a generic android source. It has been discussed in the 'archive' the reason for the lag in entourage upgrading the devices was in part due to the custom software needed to 'bridge' android with/into the ereader.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #78
manbass
Enthusiast
manbass began at the beginning.

Device: Full EE - Ice Blue and a Pocket Edge
Gunner...no, I just opened the box and am at Badger as I stated. Before doing any update at all, I am asking these basic questions after reading a widely varying amount of posts which I cant reconcile. (my fault not theirs).

So Whats the answers? How do I update when it appears no auto update is being found on my part. Do I look for dingo? Then Coyote? Then Ermine? Skip any or all? Is the Journal program a part of any of these updates to the OS?

I am just a user, the coders around here baffle me with acronyms. Sorry.

Addendum

The EE auto updated to Ermine as I was posting above. (I turned on auto update and executed it)

Its all there, Journal, Froyomail, etc.

I was badly assuming since Entourage closed I would have to do the manual update.

So if Entourage is closed....what cloud in the wireless sky is sending this out? Curious.

Last edited by manbass; 07-05-2011 at 09:39 PM.
manbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #79
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
There are still a few people left (I think) at enTourage. Probably a very few . . . and they left some lights on for us.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #80
Clever
Clever began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Did you have to register?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbass View Post
Gunner...no, I just opened the box and am at Badger as I stated. Before doing any update at all, I am asking these basic questions after reading a widely varying amount of posts which I cant reconcile. (my fault not theirs).

So Whats the answers? How do I update when it appears no auto update is being found on my part. Do I look for dingo? Then Coyote? Then Ermine? Skip any or all? Is the Journal program a part of any of these updates to the OS?

I am just a user, the coders around here baffle me with acronyms. Sorry.

Addendum

The EE auto updated to Ermine as I was posting above. (I turned on auto update and executed it)

Its all there, Journal, Froyomail, etc.

I was badly assuming since Entourage closed I would have to do the manual update.

So if Entourage is closed....what cloud in the wireless sky is sending this out? Curious.
Thanks. I'm waiting for my Woot Pocket Edge to arrive. Is turning on Auto Update all you did? what do you mean by "execute" it?

Did you need to register first or do anything else? Sounds pretty simple compared to everyone struggling with updating from a USB stick.

I don't get it. If it's that simple, why is anyone bothering with the USB stick method? What am I missing here?

Thanks for the help. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it!
Clever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #81
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome, Clever!

I think the USB stick method is an old one, from when the Ermine beta first came out. It works if you can't use the Updater.

I would suggest you let the Pocket eDGe lead you through the startup process, including registering (which you need to do for Adobe DRM to work for ebooks).

Good luck!

Last edited by Filark; 07-05-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #82
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
There are still a few people left (I think) at enTourage. Probably a very few . . . and they left some lights on for us.
More like candles...
Old 07-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #83
CAUK
CAUK began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
My Woot! Pocket Edge just arrived and I used the Update function and turned on Auto-update, but it just updated me to Dingo 1.13. Is that yet another name for Ermine? If so, I still can't play YouTube videos.
CAUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #84
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAUK View Post
My Woot! Pocket Edge just arrived and I used the Update function and turned on Auto-update, but it just updated me to Dingo 1.13. Is that yet another name for Ermine? If so, I still can't play YouTube videos.
Ermine is entourage's name for the integration of Froyo and entourage specific code; the beta is available here.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #85
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
If there is any Entourage left, why the do not release the SDK to community finally, also documentation regarding the EINK control and EINK drivers source? that will help us keeping the device alive for longer.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #86
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
If there is any Entourage left, why the do not release the SDK to community finally, also documentation regarding the EINK control and EINK drivers source? that will help us keeping the device alive for longer.
Because *if* they haven't sold it already as is rumored, there is money to be had in that IP. From what I could dig up, this was a small company, mostly the one guy who was going to profit aside from his investors, and those investors sank tens of millions of dollars into this idea. Giving it up for free is not going to happen by official means.
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #87
Cincicraigslist
Cincicraigslist began at the beginning.

I have been fighting with this all night. I tried the USB stick version and that didn't work. The updater on my Pocket Edge sees there is an update but never actually finishes the update. The highest I have seen it get is 34% and it is VERY slow even though it is connected to my wi-fi.
Cincicraigslist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #88
Filark

Hi Cinci! Welcome to MobileRead!

The update is very slow even at the best of times. If you are awake either very late tonight or very early tomorrow morning you might have better luck then.

I hope you get it without too much more frustration!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #89
JoeZambo
JoeZambo began at the beginning.

I just got my PE last night. So far I really like it. Now I just have to figure out how to get this thing on 2.2. I know this may sound stupid but I am not too "techie." What is all this root talk and do I have to do it to get Ermine on the PE?
JoeZambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #90
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
1. Joe, you need root to get the market, not ermine and to customize the system. not to upgrade to ermine.
2. Regarding the eink source I do not think they can make a lot of money. same epd controller like in first nook... and alex. people figured the nook quite easy. same will happen here if we get the right guys involved.
3. just an idea, how difficult is to change the servers for updating from entourage to a different host in a new rom?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote