Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 02:21 AM   #1
ArdjanB
ArdjanB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Global3G
Kindle DX Int'l for experiments...

My Kindle DX got more or less bricked when I recieved the update to 2.5.8: No 3G connection, no Alt-311 page, On Alt-411 is the radio serial line empty, and a search for ';dma' does not created the logfiles in the /documents directory (as it should). So I was entitled to a replacement, it should arrive today...

But, I also recieved an email, that I should not send the old one back, just 'properly dispose' it...

It is more or less working: the 3G is broken, but I can send documents to it through USB and read them. And it seems that I can't create and use collections.

So, what are the possibilities to experiment with it? I am not interested in getting the SIM to work, but if I can put some firmware on which enables me to use collections again, it would be fine: my wife then gets a Kindle for her own... :-)

Any ideas?
ArdjanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
ArdjanB,
You can use Registration hack to enable collections.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87686
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #3
ArdjanB
ArdjanB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Global3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
enable collections.
Thanks! Worked like a charm.

Now I can put my 'old' books away in collections, so my wife can use the Kindle for her stuff.
ArdjanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
If by "experiment", you mean to test things, you can help me if you're not afraid of bricking or can solder recovery ports on.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127969
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote