Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
ePub from Waterstones

Hi,

I'm looking for Steven Erikson's Malazan e-books and the only place that seems to sell them in e-book format is Waterstones (UK-based - http://www.waterstones.com). However as far as I can see, they're selling ePub formatted books. Now, my question is, if I purchase the ePub version of a book (let's say Memories of Ice) I'm going to need to convert it to LRF in order to read it on my PRS 505, aren't I? But, legally I'm not allowed to do that, am I? Is there a legal way of using this content on my PRS 505?

Thanks,
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:42 AM   #2
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
You can read ePub books on your 505 without any conversion, you don't have to do anything illegal.
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
No need to convert at all. Sony's all read Epub. Waterstones is the linked bookseller for Sony in the UK. Any ebook you buy from them you can read directly on your 505, no issues. They are all DRM'd though and you'll need Adobe Digital Editions installed on the PC you download them to.

I've bought a few books from them, had no trouble at all - other than that Waterstones only seems to hold parts of a series as ebooks, and that they're moderately expensive.
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:53 AM   #4
yagiz
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks guys! I'm so confused with the DRM regarding different formats, a good news every now and then makes me really happy.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
rakulos
Connoisseur
rakulos began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, K3, acer aspire switch 10
I'd recommend WHSmiths ebook section - for me it was far easier to make purchases from and slightly cheaper too.
Oh and they sell the Erikson books in epub
rakulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
yagiz

Cool! Thanks a lot! 25% off is always better . £7.75 is almost the paperback price.