Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you rather have a GUI debricking interface? or a TUI interface?
TUI 5 33.33%
GUI 10 66.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #31
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Downloading it
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #32
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is based off minisuse
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #33
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Still wont let me login. hates all my emails and accounts.

Guess I'll wait for an external link.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #34
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Still wont let me login. hates all my emails and accounts.
Guess I'll wait for an external link.
Odd....
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #35
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
192 mb, boot to lxde. Enough space for the p1 and p2 image
Will you send me a link or something?
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #36
qlob
Official Lurker

Second post updated with link to developmental release. This is not for everyone!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #37
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
...Guess I'll wait for an external link.
Check the 1st post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #38
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Releases: 0.0.0 ...
Grabbing. Thanks you lot.

ooh 500 MB in 2 mins! thank you fibre
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:23 AM   #39
aditya3098
Guru

Lucky guy. It takes me 12 hours
Old 12-01-2012, 02:28 AM   #40
aditya3098
Guru

Gtk3, gambas, zenity, dialog, kdialog or Qt4? Python or bash? Please tell me! I will try to work on it. I am probably going to cut myself off from the distro side of things. The 192mb was a simple jeos with lxdm and lxde. It for some reason did not show the desktop (I DID select 5: Graphical login)
Old 12-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #41
qlob
Official Lurker

I have gtk3 and zenity installed, python should be, and I know bash is installed... Not sure about the others...

EDIT:0.0.1 will have kdialog and dialog, as they aren't in 0.0.0

Last edited by qlob; 12-01-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #42
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I'm not insisting, just sayin' it again...

I personally really, really (REALLY!) think that an intuitive text-based interface is the best way to go. This would immediately solve many of the totally unrelated problems (essentially: anything related to graphics, like framework dependencies, incompatibilities, "X doesn't work with my graphics card" errors, etc), while providing a very clear interface to the user, and an easy-to use interface for the developer. There is a very good reason for the KISS paradigm.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #43
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
You can still use a curses based "GUI", where dialog boxes are built from text characters, and tab or arrow keys to move between selections. Minimal dependencies, but the chewy GUI goodness windows users depend on.

EDIT: You wouldn't want to damage their innocence with a bare naked command line, now, would you?

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-01-2012 at 02:42 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #44
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
No, no.

Let the machine running this KindleFix be the web sever. Then take another machine (say, Kindle Fire or maybe plain old PC) and connect it to KindleFix through Ethernet or WiFi. Then just use ordinary browser and web interface provided by KindleFix (FIXME: somebody need to implement it).

This is how things should work in year 201x!
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #45
qlob
Official Lurker

I'll take a look at it. Any chanvce I can download just the installer and not the whole ubuntu image? bandwidth isnt the greatest out here... (Even though we have a fiber "backbone" running through our land...)