Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #316
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Same here.
Ditto.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #317
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sure enough. I now have the same number of books in my nook Library as I had over at Fictionwise. But I know that there were four B&N "freebies*" in the list last week, so I need to figure out which four didn't transfer. the Tolkien's there, which is great (so that I can capture future "fixes").

*Pride and Prejudice, Little Women, Dracula and the Merriam-Webster Pocket Dictionary.

Last edited by curtw; 12-06-2012 at 02:28 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #318
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Ditto.
Trying to avoid the "me too", but... me too...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #319
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Lucky, I'm still waiting for the code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dusty View Post
I'm still waiting for the code! Ugh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Same here.
I'm right there with ya.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #320
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
I think I got most all of my books from Fictionwise and eReader. A quick scroll through shows secure .pdb, secure mobi, secure .lit and multiformat. Also, a couple of Greg Bear books that were on the unavailable list showed up. Won't really know for sure until I compare with Fictionwise and eReader bookshelves. The original transfer of 54 books contained some books that were same title as mine, but different authors.

I never got a code for ereader but the code for Fictionwise seems to have worked for both. At some point in the past, I linked the accounts when I downloaded to my iPad.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #321
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Has anyone from the UK received their transfer code email yet? I got my "sign up to be able to transfer" email on the 4th, and signed up on the 5th.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #322
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Well, now, you could knock me over with a feather. A majority of my ebooks have now transferred, including the Random House titles that I was unable to download more than a year ago.

It's a Christmas Miracle!
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #323
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I had put a reminder in my calendar to check my NOOK account today to see if anything had changed (only two books came over from FW/eReader on Nov 16).

Checked today- still those same two books. So I called B&N customer support (well, first I did an online chat, who referred to the phone number), and she told me to be patient and wait a week. When I explained that I had done it on 11/16 and had already waited 3 weeks, she put me on hold, came back and said to give it another day or two.

Sure enough, within minutes more books started showing up, from both FW and eReader accounts. I'm also getting blanks screens or the coding, so I figure I'll let it finish populating for another 24 hours and see what came over.

So if nothing has changed, I would suggest calling to jump start it again.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #324
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
So if nothing has changed, I would suggest calling to jump start it again.
I contacted B&N yesterday by email which was acknowledged, and all my books showed up today. Don't know if it was coincidence.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #325
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Color me shocked. I now have 257 on my bookshelf on BN.com! I'll admit I was incredibly skeptical that they were going to actually follow through on this.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #326
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

has anyone else run into the "unlock credit card is invalid" error? I can't download any of the books.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #327
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
has anyone else run into the "unlock credit card is invalid" error? I can't download any of the books.
I have not. Do you have a current credit card on your B&N account?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #328
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Just got off the phone with B&N support because I STILL haven't received the code to initiate the book transfers. Jose told me they were having problems getting the e-mails with the codes out to customers and (again) asked me to be patient for a few more days. In a few more days it will be three weeks since I got the first e-mail and requested the code.

I'm beginning to think they're not going to come through.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #329
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I wouldn't really care how long it took them to import my books (I'm fully backed up, like most), I just hate the absurd two-step we're in. This should have been one-click. Not one-click and wait an undisclosable time period and hurry-up-and-enter-the-code-that-might-never-come-before-it's-too-late.

Part of the reason I'm in this thread is as a reminder, so I don't wake up one day in April and think, oh gee, I wonder how that transfer is going..., only to find I can no longer initiate it.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #330
junkml
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I have not. Do you have a current credit card on your B&N account?
Initially the account had a card that I have closed the account on. So I added a current card (after I first received this error) but still can't open any books in the nook app on my PC or download from the BN website.