Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
wdcorbitt
Edge User

What the Deuce?

Why do so many people on here complain about their product?
Look the Pocket eDGe I just got for a belated Birthday present may not have ALL the bells and whistles the newer tablets have, but I wish people would look at all it does do and shut it!
1. This can view and mark up PDFs in the field for my profession - EVEN THOUGH I can't download AutoCAD WS app - I can still find a work around. Yes, a little bummed I can't download it and use it but overall not a HUGE ordeal - besides I need a workstation to edit CAD drawings not a tablet anyway.
2. The apps on Amazon are still mostly able to be used...yes, I can't download Memento catalog app, but there are work arounds for even that.
3. This thing is very powerful for what it can accomplish and the ability to use a Micro SD card is just one bonus....yeah, I'm pointing a finger at you Apple and your proprietary iPad - I gotta buy a new tablet everytime I want a new space adjustment.
4. Look at all the inputs. Mini and FULL size USB - yes, I said FULL size USB - holy smokes that is sweet I can plug in anything - look ma' no hands.
5. Bluetooth - yes it has it!

Ok, so it doesn't have a great app selection or the 'official' market app store. Maybe the people at entourage are a tad bit slow at rolling out updates, but good grief I couldn't keep up with the technology so why are we so demanding, because the BIG companies roll out something new every time we turn around.
Give it a rest and relax; enjoy your eDGe's and be happy you have so much in your hands.
Good product-thank you!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Franky
Edge User

dude, keep breathing and read more on this forum. you will notice that the majority is ig time happy with there eDGe and/or Pocket eDGe. Furthermore, on the forum you try to find answers on problems and share ideas and experience. that's what the forum is about.

the eDGe is indeed a super cool device. I love it and I got it almost from the start. great stuff. I have the combo eDGe and IREX. both in my perception the top of the portable devices.

Yes, I copy the last.. it's more than a top product.

Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
wdcorbitt
Edge User

lol, thanks franky - never heard of the Irex? is that an e-reader?

Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Franky
Edge User

That, my dear wdcorbitt, is according to me the reader of the readers. funny enough a reader I bought at the same time as I bought the eDGe. all in April last year. The biggest joke is that IREX went busted, chapter 11, finito. company did a re-start, but for all reader owners nada.
luckely for me I bought 3 readers and my wife to loves it. So we got a spare reader.

the reader is still sold by this company http://www.solidfx.com/FX8.htm for a fortune.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
freemanjr
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
That, my dear wdcorbitt, is according to me the reader of the readers. funny enough a reader I bought at the same time as I bought the eDGe. all in April last year. The biggest joke is that IREX went busted, chapter 11, finito. company did a re-start, but for all reader owners nada.
luckely for me I bought 3 readers and my wife to loves it. So we got a spare reader.

the reader is still sold by this company http://www.solidfx.com/FX8.htm for a fortune.
Just curious. Since they went out of business, do you still have to pay the yearly subscription fee? That seemed mightly steep also. I note that on the link you provide, they seem to indicate you still need to select a subscription service.

Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
wdcorbitt
Edge User

hoky smokes that's expensive! it looks sweet though, but wowsers..too rich for my blood - hehe

Old 05-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
lorenzoens
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemanjr View Post
Just curious. Since they went out of business, do you still have to pay the yearly subscription fee? That seemed mightly steep also. I note that on the link you provide, they seem to indicate you still need to select a subscription service.
SolidFx has nothing to do with dutch company iRex, it just uses the reader for its software. Some friends of mine own iLiad and dr1000 (10"). Their screen is a bit dark and they are quite slow compared do the full size eDGe, but they were great pioneers when they entered the ereaders market. Pretty expensive.