Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
primaverasol
primaverasol began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Some images shrinking when converting for epub to mobi

Hello,

I created a ebook in Mac pages and converted to epub. I edited the epub in Sigil and converted to mobi using calibre. I am previewing my mobi file using Kindle Previewer. Most of my images (all jpgs < 127 KB and < 600 pixels high) look fine, except for a handful which appear to have "shrunk" to fit the page. I have specified the proper height and width in the html code for all images.

I am not sure why a few images are shrinking. How can I make sure that this does not happen? As I mentioned all images are 480 pixels wide and < 600 pixels high. All images are < 127 KB.

Any help/insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
primaverasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaverasol View Post
How can I make sure that this does not happen?
Change the Page Setup output profile to Tablet. Using tablet will prevent any resizing of images.

Preferences - Common Options - Page Setup - Output Profile - Tablet
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert