Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
E-readers Fan
E-readers Fan began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
Annotate does not work in image pdf (boox m92)

Hi

Two days ago I received my onyx boox m92, which is my first and only e-reader.
I've tested many things in it, and they've worked just fine (Praise be to God), except for the internet, which I am not done testing yet (will let you know if I have any problems when I am done testing it).

The only problem I've had so far is with annotating in pdf files that are images (scanned books).
I read both Arabic and English books, so I tested image pdf files in both languages, I tested three different arabic books, and one in English, and "add annotate" does not work correctly.
When I click on "add annotate" and then select a paragraph or a sentence, a box appears for me to give the annotate a name, so I type up a name, or numbers, then I click on "ok".
But when I got to "All annotates", there is nothing there, it did not save it.
I tried this several times in several arabic and english image pdfs, but no results,the same thing happens.
This happened with firmware 1.6, and with firmware 1.7 (i updated it thinking it would solve the problem, but it didn't).

How do I fix this problem?

Please help

Note: Annotating works fine with text pdf.

Last edited by E-readers Fan; 04-10-2012 at 01:54 PM.
E-readers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
If I understand you well, you try to annotate scanned pdf. It is not possible (there is no text to be anotated, just picture of text)...

Someone suggested to use OCR and add "text layer" to scanned pdf. I newer tried it, so I do not know whether and how it works on M92. (It is not possible to do OCR on M92, you have to do it on PC.)
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
E-readers Fan
E-readers Fan began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
If I understand you well, you try to annotate scanned pdf. It is not possible (there is no text to be anotated, just picture of text)...

Someone suggested to use OCR and add "text layer" to scanned pdf. I newer tried it, so I do not know whether and how it works on M92. (It is not possible to do OCR on M92, you have to do it on PC.)

Thanks
E-readers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
I think Mono is right
You might want to look at the PDF structure (use a demo copy of Adobe Acrobat X)
You might discover that you image is in fact a layer in your document. Possibly the document is missing the text layer or that is not accessible to you.
When I run into problems of this kind I always try to "clean" the PDF by saving it again from Adobe Acrobat. This is giving you the highest number of options when it comes to PDF formats. Changing the format might also clean the PDF structure.

Another way to do it:
Did you try to annotate your document on the desktop? What was the result?
If you try that save the doc with the new annotation added to it and move the document back to the ereader. That might also fix the problem
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote