Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #1
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Compiling Sigil 0.1.3 on Ubuntu Intrepid

Anyone here that can help me get past this?

Code:
[ 73%] Building CXX object src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/BookViewEditor.cpp.o
/home/rogue/Desktop/Build Sigil/Sigil_code_0.1.3/src/Sigil/BookViewEditor.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void BookViewEditor::SetBook(const Book&)’:
/home/rogue/Desktop/Build Sigil/Sigil_code_0.1.3/src/Sigil/BookViewEditor.cpp:55: error: ‘class QWebPage’ has no member named ‘setContentEditable’
make[2]: *** [src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/BookViewEditor.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Thought I had it this time...

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
Anyone here that can help me get past this?

Code:
[ 73%] Building CXX object src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/BookViewEditor.cpp.o
/home/rogue/Desktop/Build Sigil/Sigil_code_0.1.3/src/Sigil/BookViewEditor.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void BookViewEditor::SetBook(const Book&)’:
/home/rogue/Desktop/Build Sigil/Sigil_code_0.1.3/src/Sigil/BookViewEditor.cpp:55: error: ‘class QWebPage’ has no member named ‘setContentEditable’
make[2]: *** [src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/BookViewEditor.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Thought I had it this time...

m a r
You probably have an older version of Qt installed on your system. Sigil requires Qt 4.5.2.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

That's it! It's 4.4.3.

I've been meaning to upgrade to Jaunty, but I also don't like having to rebuild the whole machine when something breaks.

Thanks,

m a r
Old 10-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The next release of Sigil will come with binary installers for Linux (both x86 and x64) that will have Qt libraries built-in. So no source compilation and no "damn I need newer Qt libs". Plug&play.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
rogue_ronin
Banned

Awesome.

'course, I just started the upgrade...

m a r
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
Valloric

Quote:
'course, I just started the upgrade...
Well Karmic is four weeks away so...
Old 10-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
rogue_ronin
Banned

That's my usual timing.

I'll wait for the bugs to be swatted. My ATI video card isn't supported by ATI under linux any more -- moved to the native open-source drivers. Honestly can't complain -- it's even a little faster...

m a r
Old 10-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
Valloric

Quote:
My ATI video card isn't supported by ATI under linux any more -- moved to the native open-source drivers. Honestly can't complain -- it's even a little faster...
Same here. I have an old laptop with an ATI graphics card that isn't supported by the official ATI linux drivers any more. But the OSS drivers are very nice indeed.

Tags
0.1.3, compile, sigil