Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
judet
judet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HD 8.9, Kindle Fire, Kindle key, PRS-600BC, PocketBook IQ,
My PocketBook IQ has disappeared

OK I'm sitting here feeling quite depressed. Thought if I wrote something on here, it would make me feel better, ease my mind perhaps.
You see, I've been waiting for my new PocketBook IQ 701 to arrive, waiting, waiting, waiting, excitedly waiting.
I've been checking the tracking information provided. I was able to track it all the way to Australia.....then....horror of all horror.....after 4 phone calls and 2 emails to Australia Post and 4 emails to Australia Customs, my PocketBook, it appears, has somehow mysteriously disappeared. Lost. No tracking number exists in Australia, but USPS tracking advises me it has been scanned upon arrival into Australia.
Not sure how insurance works, who's responsible even - I really don't want to think about it, but I guess I will have to.
I still have my trusted Sony reader I guess, but I was so looking forward to my new IQ 701.... &

Last edited by mtravellerh; 01-23-2011 at 02:43 PM.
judet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
If you ordered via Credit Card you can dispute the charge as "non-delivered" so the onus falls on the shipper and their insurance.
Still, how long's it been?
Package tracking across borders is iffy at best through the postal systems. (One of the reasons the multinational package outfits are so useful...and profitable.)
It might still be wending its way to you.

Last edited by fjtorres; 01-19-2011 at 10:45 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Best case scenario: inaccurate tracking
Worst case scenario: someone at Australia Post is reading on your IQ

Either case, you should be protected.

I know the feeling of eagerly waiting for a new toy and not have it shows up when it is supposed to.

Keep us posted.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
how many days has it been since USPS says it was handed over in Australia?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #5
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi Judet,

the good news is, I have never had a parcel from overseas go astray, and I have bought quite a number. Registered or not, USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx, and others. They've all arrived, safe and sound. Some took a while longer than others, but they all got to me.

Sometimes, I've received the item and it has still been shown as being in the country of origin.

(I could stop here, but...)

The bad news is, I once received a registered post item, slid into the packing strips of a larger parcel, sent from Sydney, bound for Townsville. I'm in Melbourne, and the parcel it was attached to was mailed locally.

My guess is, that no more than a couple of days from now, yours will be delivered. To you. <smile>

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
These things happen sometimes... I recommend that you contact your seller and ask them to start a delivery investigation with the carrier (UPS or USPS, etc). If the parcel was insured, the seller gets their money back and then sends you a new devices or refunds the money.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #7
judet
judet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HD 8.9, Kindle Fire, Kindle key, PRS-600BC, PocketBook IQ,
My PocketBook IQ 701 HAS BEEN FOUND & DELIVERED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
These things happen sometimes... I recommend that you contact your seller and ask them to start a delivery investigation with the carrier (UPS or USPS, etc). If the parcel was insured, the seller gets their money back and then sends you a new devices or refunds the money.
Thanks Yar-PocketBooker for your helpful info. I agree, I would have ended doing that, but thankfully, it turned up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post
Hi Judet,

the good news is, I have never had a parcel from overseas go astray, and I have bought quite a number. Registered or not, USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx, and others. They've all arrived, safe and sound. Some took a while longer than others, but they all got to me.

Sometimes, I've received the item and it has still been shown as being in the country of origin.

(I could stop here, but...)

The bad news is, I once received a registered post item, slid into the packing strips of a larger parcel, sent from Sydney, bound for Townsville. I'm in Melbourne, and the parcel it was attached to was mailed locally.

My guess is, that no more than a couple of days from now, yours will be delivered. To you. <smile>

Cheers,
Thanks Metal Mick for your thoughts and sharing your experiences. I appreciated and needed to read them, it really helped me understand all may not be lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
how many days has it been since USPS says it was handed over in Australia?
Thanks Dulin's Books. USPS said it had arrived into Foreign Customs on 1/14, that was 11 days after it left the USA??? Then nothing happened! When I contacted USPS they said it was an Aust. Post/Foreign Customs problem! So..I checked with Aust. Post to ask what the hold up was. They blamed Customs, and it just snowballed from there, each seemed to blame one another. I think I lost it when Aust. Post advised they had thoroughly checked and there was no record of any parcel logged with that tracking number. Thanks for your thoughts though,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
Best case scenario: inaccurate tracking
Worst case scenario: someone at Australia Post is reading on your IQ

Either case, you should be protected.

I know the feeling of eagerly waiting for a new toy and not have it shows up when it is supposed to.

Keep us posted.

Cheers
Thanks hiaig. Aust. Post offered the info "perhaps it had been scanned incorrectly."
Thank goodness is didn't turn out to be worst case scenario, I actually believed that was the case.....I appreciate your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
If you ordered via Credit Card you can dispute the charge as "non-delivered" so the onus falls on the shipper and their insurance.
Still, how long's it been?
Package tracking across borders is iffy at best through the postal systems. (One of the reasons the multinational package outfits are so useful...and profitable.)
It might still be wending its way to you.
Thanks fjtorres. I had paid by PayPal. I thought that it may be covered by PayPal's guarantee.
As it turned out, wonders of all wonders, my international package was delivered by 2 guys dressed in beach wear, driving an early model little brown Datsun sedan. One opened the trunk and out came my USPS package.
Don't care though, it could have arrived by stork, at least IT'S HERE.
judet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:12 AM   #8
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by judet View Post
<snip>
As it turned out, wonders of all wonders, my international package was delivered by 2 guys dressed in beach wear, driving an early model little brown Datsun sedan. One opened the trunk and out came my USPS package.
Don't care though, it could have arrived by stork, at least IT'S HERE.
Hi Judet,

glad to hear it's arrived. (It helps me stop fretting about my reader covers that so far have taken 2 weeks just to leave Germany...)

I'm sure you'll enjoy it - my wife is very fond of hers, and I hold it in high regard, too.

I have noticed though, that with many of the parcels I've ordered from overseas recently, that they seem to take about a week longer than they did from the middle of last year. Not sure why, but it applies to the US, Germany, England, and Hong Kong.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote