Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Setting one Kindle as 'primary'?

I have a Kindle 1, a DX, and now the Kindle3 on my Amazon account. Is there a way to designate my Kindle3 to be the first choice to send a book to, does anyone know? The first one listed is the Kindle 1, to which I can only send a book over USB, since in our area the Whispernet doesn't work. I have a couple of times hit 'Send' before I remembered to change to my Kindle 3.

It's not a really BIG deal, lol, but it made me wonder if there is a way to set a specific Kindle to be first on the list.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
I don't have a Kindle, but have a couple of iThings and a BlackBerry with Kindle apps installed, and in my experience the default device is the one that has been registered most recently. So you could try deregistering and then reregistering the one you want to be primary? I know this works with Kindle apps, but I don't know if it is the same with actual Kindles.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I don't have a Kindle, but have a couple of iThings and a BlackBerry with Kindle apps installed, and in my experience the default device is the one that has been registered most recently. So you could try deregistering and then reregistering the one you want to be primary? I know this works with Kindle apps, but I don't know if it is the same with actual Kindles.
for your reply.

Hmm, the one registered most recently is the Kindle3, so apparently that doesn't hold for Amazon.

I thought to deregister the Kindle 1, but got a warning that I should only do that if it was going to a new owner.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
The list seems to be alphabetical. I named my Kindle 3 such that it will sort to the top when viewing the website.

I, too, would love to be able to set a Kindle as the default and be free to choose any names I like. But for now, this works.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
pendragginp
Guru

Oh, that's a thought! I'll give it a try.
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
pendragginp
Guru

Worked a treat. I did it the simplest way possible, just put the letter A in front of the name for my K3 and a B in front of the name for the DX, which moved the K1 to last place. =>

Last edited by pendragginp; 11-15-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
cuteseal
Enthusiast
cuteseal doesn't littercuteseal doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Mine shows up alphabetically too. I renamed my various devices accordingly...
cuteseal is offline   Reply With Quote