Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
ernesto50
ernesto50 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Would you pay for that?

Hi everyone!

The last few days I found some pretty interesting blogs, which I'd love to read cover to cover (first blog post, to last). However I hate reading on the computer for longer than 60 minutes (hence: Kindle-fan ), so I thought why doesn't a service exist where I could pay X amount of USD and get back a nicely formatted epub/mobi (mobi in my case) to read on my Kindle.

After a little research I found zinepal.com (no affiliation), but it turns out that even in the "pro" version (which costs 5 USD per ebook or a monthly fee, depending on your settings) you only get up to 50 posts, which really sucks (some of the blogs I found have 100+ posts).

So I was wondering, would you pay for a service like that? And if yes, how much?
ernesto50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
I read a lot of blogs myself, but I use my iPad for that. If you do a lot of it, maybe it would be more cost effective to get a tablet like a Kindle Fire or something.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesto50 View Post
Hi everyone!

The last few days I found some pretty interesting blogs, which I'd love to read cover to cover (first blog post, to last). However I hate reading on the computer for longer than 60 minutes (hence: Kindle-fan ), so I thought why doesn't a service exist where I could pay X amount of USD and get back a nicely formatted epub/mobi (mobi in my case) to read on my Kindle.

After a little research I found zinepal.com (no affiliation), but it turns out that even in the "pro" version (which costs 5 USD per ebook or a monthly fee, depending on your settings) you only get up to 50 posts, which really sucks (some of the blogs I found have 100+ posts).

So I was wondering, would you pay for a service like that? And if yes, how much?
I sometimes use calibre's "recipe" maker for blogs with RSS feeds. I get the content and a working TOC that way.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I honestly can't think of a single blog I'd be willing to pay a single penny to read.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
ernesto50
ernesto50 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
I read a lot of blogs myself, but I use my iPad for that. If you do a lot of it, maybe it would be more cost effective to get a tablet like a Kindle Fire or something.
Hm I see your point, but that's exactly why I have a Kindle 3 and no backlit device. It's "heavy" on my eyes.
ernesto50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
I wouldn't pay for it, but if the blog is a Wordpress or Blogger blog you can use this: http://blog2book.pothi.com/
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #7
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Some people sell blog subscriptions on Amazon, I think they get delivered automatically when there's new content. They are quite cheap, but it's not something I would pay for. I use this, but there are other ways of doing it. http://web2fb2.net/
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Get ca.libre. Learn about recipes. Chances are, there is already a recipe for the blog you read. Set calibre to download on a schedule and send it to your kindle via whispernet. There'd will be table of content.

You'll lose videos or any fancy flash JavaScript stuff. Images should be ok.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blogs, ebooks, epub, mobi