Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 04:54 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thoreau, Henry David.: Civil Disobedience and other essays. v1 28 Jul 2010

Henry David Thoreau (born David Henry Thoreau; July 12, 1817 – May 6, 1862)[1] was an American author, poet, abolitionist, naturalist, tax resister, development critic, surveyor, historian, philosopher, and leading transcendentalist. He is best known for his book Walden, a reflection upon simple living in natural surroundings, and his essay, Civil Disobedience, an argument for individual resistance to civil government in moral opposition to an unjust state.

Thoreau's philosophy of civil disobedience influenced the political thoughts and actions of such later figures as Leo Tolstoy, Mahatma Gandhi, and Martin Luther King, Jr.

From Wikipedia

Regards, Alex
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Civil Disobedience and Other Essays.epub (441.1 KB, 1206 views)

Last edited by AlexBell; 07-30-2010 at 07:42 AM.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks! Civil Disobedience came with my jetBook Lite, but I would be interested to read the other essays.

PS - You have this listed as "Other Fiction", but shouldn't it be "Non-Fiction"?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 04:40 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thanks! Civil Disobedience came with my jetBook Lite, but I would be interested to read the other essays.

PS - You have this listed as "Other Fiction", but shouldn't it be "Non-Fiction"?
Yes of course. Silly me. I'll see if I can change it.

Regards, Alex
Old 01-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
twosevens
twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.twosevens shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: blackberry
Thank you so much for this, Thoreau's essays move and inspire me profoundly.

Incidentally, as a resident of Tel Aviv, I greatly appreciate your beautiful multilingual peace avatar.

Last edited by twosevens; 01-27-2012 at 05:02 AM.
twosevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosevens View Post
Thank you so much for this, Thoreau's essays move and inspire me profoundly.

Incidentally, as a resident of Tel Aviv, I greatly appreciate your beautiful multilingual peace avatar.
Thanks so much.
Advert