Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 01-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Crompton, Richmal: More William (Illustrated). v1, 15 Jan 2008

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

The William Brown series, also known as the Just William series is a series of thirty nine books written by Richmal Crompton about the mischievous schoolboy William Brown. They were published over a period of almost fifty years, between 1921 and 1970. The first book was Just William, and often the entire series is named after this book. The series has spawned various television, film, theatre and radio adaptations. It also has a large fan following, with such groups as the 'Just William Society'.

Synopsis of the Series:

William Brown is an 11 year old mischievous middle class school boy who lives somewhere near Bromley in what was Kent, England. He often gets into trouble and is the leader of his band of friends, known as The Outlaws, with his best friend Ginger, and his other friends Henry and Douglas. His scruffy mongrel is called Jumble.

A William story often starts when William or the Outlaws set out to do something — put on a play, collect scrap metal for the war effort, look after Violet for example. William always manages to get into trouble with his parents, although he can never see why. Often his well meaning efforts result in broken windows and hysterics among Mrs. Brown's friends.

Sometimes William can be very moral — he is inspired to tell the truth for the duration of Christmas day in William's Truthful Christmas (Still William, 1925) with terrible results:

[William has just received a geometry set and a book on church history for Christmas.]

"Did you like the book and instruments that Uncle and I gave you?" said Aunt Emma brightly.
"No," said William gloomily and truthfully. "I'm not int'rested in Church History an' I've got something like those at school. Not that I'd want 'em," he added hastily, "if I hadn't em."
"William!" screamed Mrs. Brown in horror. "How can you be so ungrateful!"
"I'm not ungrateful," explained William wearily.
"I'm only being truthful...

Note: More William is the only one of the 39 books available on Project Gutenberg.

Last edited by Patricia; 04-05-2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Moved to US server.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote