Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 06-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
DT375 Tablet PC

Just got one of these things and am expecting delivery on Tuesday.

I hear it is a pretty good ebook reader. The battery life could be better, but I'm willing to put up with that. I'm guessing the battery life is similar to the REB-1200 or 2150. It runs wireless too and I hear you can install up to 16gb on a CompactFlash card.

I got mine off eBay for $107 and $19 shipping. They still have some on eBay for sale I think.

Or you can get it from uBid: http://www.ubid.com/Web_DT_Web_DT_37...601921318.html

For some info: http://www.dt375.com

Not eInk but pretty nice! http://www.teleread.org/blog/?p=6588

Some good articles about it: http://www.teleread.org/blog/index.php?s=dt375
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

I'm sorry I likely posted this in the wrong forum, because it would not be considered future technology, but I was just so excited about the great deal I got that I impulsively posted here.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
No worries, ColdSun, such things can be moved.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
CChris
CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Simpad, HTC P4350, Cybook Gen3
Good Readers to use...

Hi ColdSun!

I still use a very old Simpad (by Siemens) to read, so far for more than 150 books...

My favorite readers are

uBook (MicroBook) Reader
and
Mobipocket...

Don't know if your device can be synched with the Mobi Desktop Software, but it's not necesarry:
Just drag and drop...
If you want to take Annotations and Bookmarks to another Device, you just have to copy not only the *.prc file, but the *.mbp file of the same name; works perfect for me: Just don't forget to close the book before copying (meaning go to the library-mode of Mobi-Reader), or you will not get the latest Annotations...

Hope you will be able to enjoy your new reader soon!
CChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:54 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I bought one of these from this seller. A word of advice: the internal battery on mine did not work. I tried to get them to replace it, and they said none of the ones they had worked.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:05 AM   #6
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

I didn't buy it from the uBid seller, but I know of at least 3 people who have. Theirs are working fine. So who did you call about this? Mine is guaranteed to work and I bought it over eBay. If it doesn't work, I will get a refund. I took this from the uBid page:

------------------------------------
Warranty
30 Days

Standard Notice
This unit is Refurbished and in 100% functional condition. The unit/lcd may have minor scratches and/or blemishes.

Package Contents
This unit includes a carrying case, AC Adapter, extra battery, CF 56K Modem Card, and 64 MB CF Card. This unit has a 30 day warranty.

Ship Restrictions
US Only.
----------------------------------

From the auction I won:

Comments & Condition
This unit is refurbished and 100% functional. The unit LCD has blemishes and/or scratches. This unit includes a carrying case, AC Adapter, extra battery, CF 56K Modem Card, and 64 MB CF Card. This unit has a 30 day warranty.

They owe you a free battery or your money back.

Last edited by ColdSun; 06-30-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:20 AM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bought mine from an Ebay seller called thankyou4your$. I'm sorry, I assumed you did also. Because of the battery problem I did eventually return it.

This tablet didn't work out for me because I wanted to use it without the extra battery stuck on the back. This tablet has a very nice form; it's slim and not too heavy. But with the extra battery it's just not as nice.

Last edited by Nate the great; 06-30-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #8
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

I bought mine from the same seller. That is unfortunate for me I guess. I have contacted the seller and told him my expectations. The battery is expected to function if he claims that the unit is 100% functional. I'll let you know what he says when he replies.

Thank you so much for alerting me to this possible problem.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:00 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

You know, I wonder if it's the same seller on Ebay and Ubid. If not, then I'll seriously consider buying one from the Ubid seller. This would make a great low cost ebook reader, even though the OS makes me WinCE.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #10
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

I have a couple aquaintences on teleread that both got it from uBid and they had no problems with the internal battery.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

So, how is the battery problem?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #12
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

No problem with it at all. I was suprised. I had problems with the wireless PCMCIA but once I restored default registry settings it worked like a charm. The external battery does add a little weight to the thing, but its not that bad for me. I've used the resource info program from DT375.com to check my battery strength and I believe I am getting a total of about 5-6 hours of battery usage. I used it to read last night and it was very pleasant!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #13
grommit
grommit began at the beginning.

Device: linrie
My Ubid 375's internal battery was bad. I hacked a Canon BP511 camera battery onto the failed battery's pigtail connector, which works, but it is not an elegant solution, nor is using the bulky external battery pack. I could live with all this, but I was really hoping to be able to rotate the display 90 degrees, which I can't find a way to do.
grommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #14
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
I was really hoping to be able to rotate the display 90 degrees, which I can't find a way to do.
There is no setting for this on the DT375. I bought Nyditot Virtual Display from NYDITOT.com I tell you to try it with extreme caution. It can cause a hard reset. I thought I had killed my DT once, but Andy helped me get it back, the problem I found with the application is changing screen orientation without going back to original landscape, and never let the program do the reset, instead do it manually with the soft reset program. That sounds confusing. I will write in more detail and if you are interested. Now that I got it working I rarely use it since ubook and mobi allow for screen rotation. Now I just use it MSreader and ereader books.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 AM   #15
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
My Ubid 375's internal battery was bad. I hacked a Canon BP511 camera battery onto the failed battery's pigtail connector, which works, but it is not an elegant solution, nor is using the bulky external battery pack. I could live with all this, but I was really hoping to be able to rotate the display 90 degrees, which I can't find a way to do.
Can you give me a rough idea of how you did that with the Canon battery? I think I will do the same thing. I really enjoy my DT375. Don't know why but it really sits well with me. Any help would be appreciated.