Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Ok, I'm confused

I get that the BeBook is a rebadged Hanlin. But what is an Aztak EZ Reader? Same thing only more expensive? And available in colored cases? I couldn't tell from the sites I visited.

Shel
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
yes, it's the same hardware (Hanlin V3) for the both.
for the colors, i think it's not available yet.
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I get that the BeBook is a rebadged Hanlin. But what is an Aztak EZ Reader? Same thing only more expensive? And available in colored cases? I couldn't tell from the sites I visited.
Aztak is the US distributor for the Hanli9n V3, which they call the EZ Reader. Both the BeBook and the EZ Reader are available world-wide to individuals. The advantage of the EZ Reader to US buyers is that it is easier to return if there is a problem.

So far as I know, the EZ Reader is still only available in black - but other colors are coming.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Aztak is the US distributor for the Hanli9n V3, which they call the EZ Reader. Both the BeBook and the EZ Reader are available world-wide to individuals. The advantage of the EZ Reader to US buyers is that it is easier to return if there is a problem.

So far as I know, the EZ Reader is still only available in black - but other colors are coming.
Well, ease of return if there is a problem would definitely be an important consideration. However, I can't even find a place to purchase a black one; much less the colors that seem to have been unveiled at CES (did my homework this time).

Would the EZ Reader then be a better choice for a US resident than a BeBook? I'm not sure where that ships from.

Shel
Old 01-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
However, I can't even find a place to purchase a black one
Buy the EZ Reader from http://www.mobiebook.com. These web pages are very garish, and the forums are new. BeBook is headquartered in the Netherlands. It has been around longer and has well designed web pages, and a firmware download page.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Buy the EZ Reader from http://www.mobiebook.com. These web pages are very garish, and the forums are new. BeBook is headquartered in the Netherlands. It has been around longer and has well designed web pages, and a firmware download page.
Ah, ok.. thanks. Choices, choices
Old 01-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Ah, ok.. thanks. Choices, choices
Here is another choice. http://www.ecost.com/Detail.aspx?edp...avid=155441519

ecost is now a dealer for Astak EZ Reader.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote