Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
marck
marck began at the beginning.

Device: iPod
Newbie Question: Separate XHTML files become separate ePub files

Hi-o ... New user trying to convert my (unpublished) book into ePub, but I'm having a problem, and I've been searching the forums but can't find another post addressing this.

I've created every chapter as a separate XHTML file, and I'm trying to turn these into one ePub file. But no matter how I put these files in Calibre, they come in as separate XHTML files and the generated output is separate ePub files.

How do I make Calibre understand that I want all these files to flow as one ePub file?

Thanks for reading my (undoubtedly dumb) question.
marck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
If you do it in Calibre you need one master xhtml file which only has a TOC with hyperlinks to all the chapter xhtml files. You then add this one master file and Calibre will bundle all the files into a single zip which can be converted to ePub.

If you're the author/publisher you may just want to use Sigil to combine all these xhtml files into a single ePub instead. Using Sigil won't flatten/rewrite your existing css styles.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
marck
marck began at the beginning.

Device: iPod
Thanks for the help! Apparently I wasn't using the right combination of words in my search query looking for the solution. The FAQ was great. Created my TOC and it all worked perfectly. Thanks!
marck is offline   Reply With Quote