Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
tatmattd
tatmattd began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
Computer doesn't see story

Hi, I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop and have firmware 1.71 on my story, My computer can see the removable sdhc 32G sandisk and all subfolders on it but cannot see the story and its folder stucture itself. In windows explorer the 32G sdhc appears as 'removable disc' but the stoy itself doesn't appear. Within the story I can navigate the folder structure throgh 'My Folder' but I see nothing in it. So in essence I can put anything on the removable disc no worries but can't put anything on the story itself. What can I do? Can anyone help? Cheers Matt
tatmattd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
tatmattd

Woo Hoo, I just tried a USB Port between my story and my computer and low and behold there is my story, go figure! Can't explain it, but it works!! Thanks sceadugenga
See the thread "iriver story Problem"
Old 08-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Great news it's working for you, tatmattd. Must have been frustrating to have the device but not to be able to get files onto it.

The explanation I've read is that - depending on the motherboard - the USB port sometimes runs at a lower voltage than is required. (This is often the case with laptops.) Some types of equipment can cope anyway, but devices that power themselves through the USB require a certain level of power for even a data transfer to work.

Is it a powered hub?

Last edited by MacEachaidh; 08-23-2010 at 01:04 PM.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
tatmattd

Sorry about the long wait for an answer MacEachaidh, but it is a bus-powered usb hub ie. one that draws its power from the computer, not an external power supply. Can't explain the reasons why, I'm just grateful it works, Cheers Matt
Old 08-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
sceadugenga
Connoisseur
sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'd like to add that just using a heavier cable, the one off my external hard drive had the same effect for me.
sceadugenga is offline   Reply With Quote