Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
PDF program question

Is it possible to combine pdf pages into one giantic pdf page? I'm not talking about combining pdf files. I'm talking about combining pages into one giantic page.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I think there was something called pdfjam that could do that.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
pdftk?
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
pdftk joins multiple pages into a single PDF file, but I don't think it can join multiple pages into a single larger page.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Keep your suggestions coming, people. I use windows, so pdfjam won't work. And I don't want the hassle of installing an emulator.
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
jblitereader
Addict

Nobody else could suggest anything at all?
Old 07-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
RoboRay
Zealot
RoboRay has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoboRay has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoboRay has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NookColor (CM7); OLPC XO (Ubuntu 8.10); HTC Thunderbolt (CM7)
Adobe Acrobat Professional?
RoboRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Illustrator can do that easily.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #9
jblitereader
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay View Post
Adobe Acrobat Professional?
I have it for work. What option and what's it called? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #10
jblitereader
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
Illustrator can do that easily.
Perhaps I should be more clear.

I currently have nitro to convert pdf documents into texts by the mass. It is a wonderful program that can convert up to over 200 documents at a time. And it does a wonderful job at not putting in line breaks where the line ends in the pdf document. In other words, it does a wonderful job at recognizing paragraphs and will convert it directly to text. But I started to notice that occasionally there is a line break here or there. Then I finally figured out that it inserts a line break at a page break.

So, unless you guys could suggest to me a program that can convert pdf to text without those godforsaken line breaks, I guess I'm trying to combine all the pages into one and then use nitro.

And if I understand correctly, illustrator deals with pictures, not text pdf's. How does it help me?