Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
B & N First Look Book Club

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...377964#U377964

Disclaimer: These aren't in ebook format, they send you physical books.
(However, I think I'm going to suggest they add ebooks to it...)

I just signed up for this. Looks like a neat way to get ARC's, plus get to discuss them with the author. I have to admit I am liking B & N's site. eReader format isn't my first (or even second or third) preference, but since it isn't completely hopeless, I'll take what I can get!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
shadowwolf36
Enthusiast
shadowwolf36 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Digital
Thank you for reminding me that I forgot to sign up this go around....this is a great way to read new authors and different genres of books -- this will be my 7th First Look book and we really have some great and thoughtful discussions.

Sue
shadowwolf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Can I sign up for B&N to use for my Kindle? I have a few questions, (1) what format are the B&N books in? (2) Can I download them to my Kindle. Anyone with answers - thank you! I need to know some of this before I sign up.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Can I sign up for B&N to use for my Kindle? I have a few questions, (1) what format are the B&N books in? (2) Can I download them to my Kindle. Anyone with answers - thank you! I need to know some of this before I sign up.
Chilady, I'm sorry, no. Your Kindle isn't compatible with the B & N store. B & N titles are all in eReader format.

Now..*if* you have no issue with removing the DRM from your eReader purchases from B & N and converting them to .mobi/.prc for the Kindle, then you *could* use your Kindle to read your B & N purchases, but you won't be able to download them directly into your Kindle. Note that removing the DRM and converting the books is illegal in some countries.

If I've gotten any of this wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Barnes and Noble did buy Fictionwise and has a deal with Smashwords so I would expect that as they get integrated other formats will become available. If they add .mobi (which I think both fictionwise and I know smashwords support) then those books would be readable on kindle!

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks for the info! Quick question...I signed up for it, read that I should get a reply saying confirming my signing up. I haven't gotten anything. How long does it usually take to know? Or did I read it wrong? Thanks
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ha...nevermind, pretty soon after i asked i got the confirmation.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:46 AM   #8
kilikini
Enthusiast
kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3, KFire, iPad, iPhone
Thanks phenomshel, I signed up for it and received my confirmation yesterday.

I too, wish they'd include ebooks in their Book Clubs, and will suggest/request it as well
kilikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
jenieliser
Groupie

Thanks again, I got my book in last week... Can't wait to crack into it! It's pretty cool to be involved in something like this-being part of a test run for a book... for free!! lol
The book looks interesting, looking forward to the discussion.