Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Kobo Insiders?

I just received an email inviting me to "join Kobo Insiders, our exclusive eReading research community."

Is anyone here involved with this group? What's it all about?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Got the same email, wondering the same thing. Considering joining, actually. Might be a decent place to point out some of the glaring errors in the Kobo store. Like the price on Rick Riordan's The Last Olympian, which is still at the hardcover price despite every other e-book store in existence charging at below the paperback...
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I joined, they ask for your name, email, year of birth, a few other questions that are geared toward determining where you fit in terms of demographics (work, number ebooks, emagazines, print books, and print magazines read, seemed fairly harmless.

Seems they've created a forum of their own for insiders with very broad topics (currently 'welcome' and 'discovering books') not a huge fan of the layout.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I joined, they ask for your name, email, year of birth, a few other questions that are geared toward determining where you fit in terms of demographics (work, number ebooks, emagazines, print books, and print magazines read, seemed fairly harmless.

Seems they've created a forum of their own for insiders with very broad topics (currently 'welcome' and 'discovering books') not a huge fan of the layout.
Thanks, MGlitch! Sounds like a new thing. I certainly don't need more advertisements! But if there's anything more substantial, it might be worth it. I'll try it this evening.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #5
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I imagine that if they add you to any advertising lists you can unsub, they never asked for a real world address so they'd only email me.

They also put up a video, which I found after my initial reply here, stating they want to use this new community as a focus for making Kobo better in terms of apps, devices, and reading experience.
Advert
Old 04-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #6
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Yep I've gotten the Insider emails as well, but haven't felt the urge to investigate further than the home screen of the web page.

Whilst I like the idea of Kobo asking real life users about their devices and their ebook store I'm not sure that I want to reveal all about myself to them.

I find that this forum with the small number of Kobo reps that visit to be a good and transparent place to state stuff. The reps have been very helpful and are very patient.

Having said that, I do think it's a good initiative and applaud Kobo for taking this step.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:35 PM   #7
MGlitch
Wizard

I signed up because it's refreshing to see a company at the very least appear to want customer feed back. B&N and Amazon both have their own forums, B&Ns was updated a few months back, but neither really has the feel of wanting to improve based on customer feedback. The B&N forum is essentially a ghost town, with a few regulars still hanging around shooting the breeze by the proverbial water cooler.

I hope Kobo does take advantage of the 1,600+ and growing people who signed up.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:57 AM   #8
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
I just received an email inviting me to "join Kobo Insiders, our exclusive eReading research community."

Is anyone here involved with this group? What's it all about?

The first rule of Kobo Insiders is:
Spoiler:
You do not talk about Kobo Insiders.

The second rule of Kobo Insiders is:
Spoiler:

I think maybe you're not suited to this exclusive community.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #9
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
The first rule of Kobo Insiders is:
Spoiler:

The second rule of Kobo Insiders is:
Spoiler:

I think maybe you're not suited to this exclusive community.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:59 AM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Does anyone have an invite they're not using?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote