Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
python27 folder - do I need it

I have on my c drive a folder called python27 with various arcane pythony things in it. 80MB in total - exes.... Dlls...

I vaguely recall putting it there when I first began messing with ebooks. don'r recall where I got it from or even what I tried using it for!

anyway- purpose of thread is to ask need it be there for calibre/sigil or does calibre keep all it will ever need within its own program folders

can I just delete it with no ill effects on either calibre or sigil or on any add-ons within those.

( planning a move to SSD soon & looking to remove all unnecessary baggage from C drive beforehand )
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Sounds like at one time you installed the Python software, maybe to do some programming or just because you thought you needed it for calibre to run. I don't have python on all my pcs and calibre runs fine. I only have python installed on the computers I plan to program (or try programming) on.

I'd say you would have to uninstall it rather than just removing the folder
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Although Calibre is written in python, the Calibre install includes its own embedded copy of the Python software. Calibre ignores any Python software you might have installed elsewhere on your system.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote