Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
install and run apps on a jail-broken kindle pw

I jail-broke my kindle paperwhite second generation (k5) version 5.4.2.1 serial number d490. and got the expected message: *** jailbroken ***

then i installed mkk… (kindlit or kual whatever it's called).

update: correction
MKK

now how do i install and run active-content/applications? i tried one, but i have no clue how to run it.

my kindle acts just like before i jail-broke it!

Last edited by user743; 04-01-2014 at 03:49 PM.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
MKK is only an enabler for KUAL, which one did you install? It is very important.

Here is the KUAL thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326

Read it carefully and make sure you install ALL the pieces!

Extensions will be update-{extension}-install.bin files, for updating your Kindle with. KUAL is used to start them up.

Active Content will be {whatever}.azw2 files, which you place in the documents folder. For example, KUAL. They will appear in your library listing.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #3
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

the names (MKK, KUAL, KINDLET) are often together, which makes it confusing. can you give me to different links to both zip files or places to download the zip files

Last edited by user743; 04-01-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is because you need them both, the MKK (MobileRead Kindlet Kit) and the KUAL Kindlet.

Kindlet = Kindle applet.

It's all in the linked thread, under "Here is the list of things you must have installed. 3 In Total."
Old 04-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
user743
Addict

I did 1 and 2. But i don't knew what 3 is.
Advert
Old 04-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by user743 View Post
I did 1 and 2. But i don't knew what 3 is.
You installed the jailbreak and MKK? Then all that is left is to download the KUAL kindlet, attached at the bottom of the linked post. See the section "Running the Kindlet".

Tags
jailbreak, kindle 5, kindle paperwhite, mkk