Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #3241
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@chaccone1004: All the fonts, or just the CJK one you changed?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #3242
chaccone1004
chaccone1004 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@chaccone1004: All the fonts, or just the CJK one you changed?
@NiLuJe: I just changed the CJK one in linkfont folder,
I deleted the nobrowser file ,when use webkit to browser webpage, all font are changed, including English font and Chinese font. I prefer the former English font . how can I just change the CJK font in webpage.
chaccone1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #3243
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@chaccone1004: Right, forgot that the hack shipped with custom fonts for everything by default, my bad.

Find the default fonts in linkfonts/backups, and use them to set-up the default font mappings again through the hack (Caecilia => Serif, Helvetica => Sans, Can'tQuiteRememberTheName => Mono).
Old 12-28-2013, 04:01 AM   #3244
chaccone1004

Quote:
@chaccone1004: Right, forgot that the hack shipped with custom fonts for everything by default, my bad.

Find the default fonts in linkfonts/backups, and use them to set-up the default font mappings again through the hack (Caecilia => Serif, Helvetica => Sans, Can'tQuiteRememberTheName => Mono).
@NiLuJe; i am a little confused.could you package a file which custom font do not hack everything and upload at first post?
by the way ,i think the default fontsize of webpage is small,do you have way to solve thie problem?
thank you very much!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #3245
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@chaccone1004: Unfortunately, no, those fonts are copyrighted .
Old 12-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #3246
chaccone1004

Quote:
@chaccone1004: Unfortunately, no, those fonts are copyrighted .
anyway,thanks a lot.

in china , there is new system called "duokan" has been developed for kindle which fully support Chinese font displaying. it works well
Old 12-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #3247
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaccone1004 View Post
anyway,thanks a lot.

in china , there is new system called "duokan" has been developed for kindle which fully support Chinese font displaying. it works well
It isn't exactly "new" nor "independently" developed.

Please see our "Duokan" thread for the gory details.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #3248
Nikkifx
Nikkifx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
thanks!

@Gosharks
thanks for the help, your a lifesaver kind friend.
Nikkifx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #3249
chaccone1004

@NiLuJe; happy new year! 新年好!
I have found the default fonts in linkfonts/backups, rename these font name (Caecilia => Serif, Helvetica => Sans, Kindleblackbox => Mono).copy and overwrite these 12 fonts to linkfonts/font and restart, but when use kindle 3's browser to browse webpage,the English font do not change to former style. anything else should I do?
Old 01-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #3250
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@chaccone1004: Just to confirm: did the fonts properly change in the rest of the UI? (menus, reader & co)?
Old 01-02-2014, 01:29 AM   #3251
chaccone1004

Quote:
@chaccone1004: Just to confirm: did the fonts properly change in the rest of the UI? (menus, reader & co)?
@NiLuJe,yes, after the first hackfont ,the fonts of the UI(menus,reader) all changed.

in brief.what I want is English font as kindle's default, Chinese font to be displayed used my favorite CJK font. I want this apply to kindle's browser . how should I do ?
Old 01-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #3252
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@chaccone1004: Sorry, I meant after you renamed the default fonts . Because if nothing changed in the UI, you might have done it wrong, which would explain why it hasn't changed anything in the browser either .
Old 01-03-2014, 04:04 AM   #3253
Sheky
Sheky began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
[MEEEEEP]

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-03-2014 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Moderated
Sheky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #3254
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Sheky: No. And don't bother asking about this again (cf. forum rules).
Old 01-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #3255
Sheky
Sheky began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Quote:
@Sheky: No. And don't bother asking about this again (cf. forum rules).
Sorry. I cant uderstant very well english and dont undertand all rules on forum.

Way this my question is forbidden for ask?

Last edited by Sheky; 01-03-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Sheky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet