Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #46
Shankill
Nameless Being

The impression I get from this forum is that their customer service varies wildly depending on who deals with your issue. Being in Australia, and the only B&M stores selling the Kobo having gone months ago, I was very impressed by the speed with which they dispatched replacements for my old Kobo 2, and my gf's Kobo 1 (whose screen I'd accidentally stepped on and broken).

And then there are people having the greatest trouble getting help for the simplest of issues. It sounds very much like a mixed bag.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If it was me, I'd keep calling till I got someone who was going to do something.
Advert
Old 09-11-2011, 11:43 PM   #48
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I was contacted here at MobileRead by a Kobo representative who would like to assist me with my issue. I won't keep adding fuel to the fire by continuing to make known my frustration. Everyone knows how I feel and that's that. Let's see if this thread can make its way off of the front page. It has attracted enough attention. I'll do my part by not posting to it anymore.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #49
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
So, let's see. Your Kobo Touch failed some time Friday or Saturday. By Sunday evening you were contacted by a representative of the manufacturer and you are still unhappy.

Hmmmm.

Sounds like pretty good service to me (all of it seems to have happened on the weekend). Now, I understand that you may not be happy with the final outcome of this problem but in all probability you'll get a new or refurbished operating Kobo Touch to replace your old one. Isn't that the objective? Or is it your fervent wish that all products are produced with a zero failure rate?

Why all the agita? Reading some of your other posts one could conclude that you enjoyed your Touch. OK it failed, stuff happens. Things break, even new things.

Upset as you are couldn't that energy be directed in a better way? (after all there is movement on your case)

Is the rush towards instant gratification killing our society?

-V-

(Vos commentaires ne sont pas très séduisants.)

Last edited by volpo; 09-12-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #50
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
So, let's see. Your Kobo Touch failed some time Friday or Saturday. By Sunday evening you were contacted by a representative of the manufacturer and you are still unhappy.

Hmmmm.

Sounds like pretty good service to me (all of it seems to have happened on the weekend). Now, I understand that you may not be happy with the final outcome of this problem but in all probability you'll get a new or refurbished operating Kobo Touch to replace your old one. Isn't that the objective? Or is it your fervent wish that all products are produced with a zero failure rate?

Why all the agita? Reading some of your other posts one could conclude that you enjoyed your Touch. OK it failed, stuff happens. Things break, even new things.

Upset as you are couldn't that energy be directed in a better way? (after all there is movement on your case)

Is the rush towards instant gratification killing our society?

-V-

(Vos commentaires ne sont pas très séduisants.)
The reason there is "movement in my case" is simply because of this thread. It has nothing to do with the normal "support" process. I tried to make a graceful exit in my last post. You were compelled to respond for what reason?

I submitted a request last night to have a Moderator lock this thread so that there will be no further comments. In case this was overlooked:

Moderator, please lock this thread. No further comments are necessary. This thread has become a disruption to this forum with its constant appearance on the first page. It has received enough attention. Thank you.

Last edited by SCION; 09-12-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Advert
Old 09-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #51
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
This thread has been closed, as the complaint about the product and apparent pending resolution via direct contact, closes the issue brought up in the the first post.

Cheers,
Marc
Closed Thread