Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: May 2011 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
1984 by George Orwell 22 24.72%
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 4 4.49%
Call of the Wild by Jack London 6 6.74%
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy 23 25.84%
Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc by Mark Twain 4 4.49%
War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells 7 7.87%
Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 4 4.49%
Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey 8 8.99%
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton 7 7.87%
The Diary of a Nobody by George Grossmith and Weedon Grossmith 4 4.49%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #46
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can't do that. No aliens.
Did I say Siberians? I meant Romulans. Mean evil Romulans. In parkas and snow boots. Yes, that'll fool 'em ...
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #47
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Did I say Siberians? I meant Romulans. Mean evil Romulans. In parkas and snow boots. Yes, that'll fool 'em ...
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #48
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Oh, right! I forgot about them, invading Russia...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #49
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
LOL, I'm gathering that someone in this room really like aliens....
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #50
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
LOL, I'm gathering that someone in this room really like aliens....
It would be harder to find somebody at MR who does not like aliens!
Advert
Old 04-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #51
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've gotta say, War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning was awesome.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #52
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I've gotta say, War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning was awesome.

BOb
But they're not in the book!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #53
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
I read 1984 a couple weeks ago, I just read War of the World this afternoon. I have been meaning to read Anna Karenina, I hope that one wins...
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
And the best way to enjoy that awesome film is to first read the book and then watch it. You know you can probably get it free at the local library system.

What's this, something awesome for free? Yep. So go for it and vote awesome and free.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #55
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I read 1984 a couple weeks ago, I just read War of the World this afternoon. I have been meaning to read Anna Karenina, I hope that one wins...

Good Man!

Old 04-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #56
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And the best way to enjoy that awesome film is to first read the book and then watch it. You know you can probably get it free at the local library system.

What's this, something awesome for free? Yep. So go for it and vote awesome and free.
you're killing me!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #57
DixieGal
Hi There!

NINE!!! It's a tie!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #58
kennyc

Whoop! Whoop! Go Anna!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #59
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Whoop! Whoop! Go Anna!!!
Twas Gronk who cast it!

Go Gronk! Go Gronk! It's your birthday! It's you birthday!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #60
kennyc

All happy families vote alike
All unhappy families are miserable.
A vote for Anna is a vote for happiness.