Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #91
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Itimpi's script would still be required for a web hosting environment though, right? I have a hosted server I've been thinking to upload my library to. I believe Calibre Server still listens on it's own port, so it doesn't seem like I can integrate it into my hosting server. Need something that either generates static files or could potentially use php/cgi..
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #92
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can use port forwardindg to expose calibre's server behind your regular server
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #93
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Hmm, how about coding it in PHP? Much easier to learn than Python and it works just fine for quick and dirty jobs, not to mention you'd be able to use it for dynamic page generation.
I have been thinking about Perl to avoid learning a new language.

The advantage of Python was that it could be incoporated into the standard Calibre package so that everyone could take advantage of heirarchical catalogs.

I might have a look at the state of the Server code in the 0.6 release to see if it is more easily adaptable to my requirements.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #94
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I have been thinking about Perl to avoid learning a new language.

The advantage of Python was that it could be incoporated into the standard Calibre package so that everyone could take advantage of heirarchical catalogs.

I might have a look at the state of the Server code in the 0.6 release to see if it is more easily adaptable to my requirements.
Lol, I just checked the beginner's introduction to Perl. PHP looks like a cross between Perl and C with some laziness thrown in.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #95
ki5ck
Connoisseur
ki5ck began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Note3
Has anyone tried this using the 0.6 beta? I'm considering taking the plunge into the beta, but this script is a must have for me, and I think I read there were database changes in 0.6.
ki5ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #96
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As far as I can see none of the changes seem to affect the Calibre2Web script. So far I have only done cursory testing but it looked as though the changes were not in any fields that Calibre2Web tries to reference.

I am expecting to soon move to using the 0.6 Calibre releases myself, so if any problems are found running against the 0.6 variant of the metadata.db file I will fix them.

Edit: I have now been using the Calibre2Web script in anger against a 0.6b10 version of the metadata.db database and can confirm that it works perfectly without requiring any changes.

Last edited by itimpi; 06-27-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #97
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki5ck View Post
Has anyone tried this using the 0.6 beta? I'm considering taking the plunge into the beta, but this script is a must have for me, and I think I read there were database changes in 0.6.
I can verify that the V 0.94 of calibre2web works just fine with Calibre 0.6 beta 10

Been using it from the first beta I downloaded (B4 I think) with no ill effects.

Cheers

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #98
Deeetour
Deeetour began at the beginning.

Device: iTouch
Hi all,

I've created my _CATALOGS folder, and copied it and my Calibre library to my webspace, but I am getting 404 errors within stanza when I try to download a book - could someone clarify how I should have my directories structured?

Right now I have

Root/stanza/_CATALOGS/
Root/stanza/AUTHOR FOLDERS/

is that right?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Deeetour; 07-08-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Deeetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #99
Colaveare
Colaveare began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
After "_CATALOGS/" try to add "catalog.xml"

Example:
<whatever path or address you have>/_CATALOGS/catalog.xml
Colaveare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #100
itimpi
Wizard

Deetour: The structure you give is basicaly correct. Your message implies that you see the catalog entries in Stanza - it is only when you try and download an actual book that you get an error. Is that correct? If not, what is the URL you have set up in Stanza for the initial catalog entry.

If you are getting the catalog entries, and the error occurs trying to download the books then I would guess that there might be a problem with the case of the filenames. Most commercial Web servers use systems where case is significant in filenames.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:46 AM   #101
Deeetour
Deeetour began at the beginning.

Device: iTouch
Quote:
Deetour: The structure you give is basicaly correct. Your message implies that you see the catalog entries in Stanza - it is only when you try and download an actual book that you get an error. Is that correct? If not, what is the URL you have set up in Stanza for the initial catalog entry.

If you are getting the catalog entries, and the error occurs trying to download the books then I would guess that there might be a problem with the case of the filenames. Most commercial Web servers use systems where case is significant in filenames.
It was actually much simpler than that - I had copied my original eBook author directories, not the calibre generated ones with the (NUMERAL) suffix.

All works great now, thanks for such a handy little utility!
Deeetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:01 AM   #102
itimpi
Wizard

Glad to know it was something simple. These things often are once one finally realises what the issue is.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #103
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Author names missing

When you surf by author go to any author that has more than one book:

Then click on the "All Books" link:

Notice that the author name is given as "Author98" in this particular case.

This is only cosmetic, but I figured you may want to fix that.

Cheers

Art
Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #104
itimpi
Wizard

What are you using to surf? When I look at the catalog from within Stanza and select an "All Books" link then the top of the page also shows "All Books".
Old 07-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #105
artbatista
Groupie

Quote:
What are you using to surf? When I look at the catalog from within Stanza and select an "All Books" link then the top of the page also shows "All Books".
Yes, I get the same thing. In Stanza I see "All Books" at the top of the page too.

The captures above where in Firefox.

Here is the file in question:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
        <generator>Calibre2Web v0.94</generator>
        <title>All Books for Author98</title>
        <id>urn:Calibre:Author98:All:</id>
        <link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="http://www.example.com/catalog.atom" />
        <updated>2009-7-13T18:31:50Z</updated>
        <author>
          <name>itimpi</name>
          <uri>http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net</uri>
        </author>
        <entry>
          <title>The Enslavement </title>
          <id>urn:calibre:book264</id>
          <author><name>Bruce McLachlan</name></author>
          <link type="application/epub+zip" href="../Bruce%20McLachlan/The%20Enslavement%20%28264%29/The%20Enslavement%20-%20Bruce%20McLachlan.epub"/>
          <link rel="x-stanza-cover-image" type="image/png" href="../Bruce%20McLachlan/The%20Enslavement%20%28264%29/cover.jpg"/>
          <link rel="x-stanza-cover-image-thumbnail" type="image/png" href="../Bruce%20McLachlan/The%20Enslavement%20%28264%29/cover.jpg"/>
          <content type="xhtml">
            <div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
              <B>Tags:</B> Erotica<BR />
              <B>Series:</B> Slaves of the Theocracy<BR />
              <B>Series Index:</B> 1<BR />
            </div>
          </content>
        </entry>
        <entry>
          <title>Theresa's Punishment </title>
          <id>urn:calibre:book170</id>
          <author><name>Bruce McLachlan</name></author>
          <link type="application/epub+zip" href="../Bruce%20McLachlan/Theresa's%20Punishment%20%28170%29/Theresa's%20Punishment%20-%20Bruce%20McLachlan.epub"/>
          <link rel="x-stanza-cover-image" type="image/png" href="../Bruce%20McLachlan/Theresa's%20Punishment%20%28170%29/cover.jpg"/>
          <link rel="x-stanza-cover-image-thumbnail" type="image/png" href="../Bruce%20McLachlan/Theresa's%20Punishment%20%28170%29/cover.jpg"/>
          <content type="xhtml">
            <div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
              <B>Tags:</B> Erotica<BR />
              <B>Series:</B> Slaves of the Theocracy<BR />
              <B>Series Index:</B> 2<BR />
            </div>
          </content>
        </entry>
</feed>
I see "Author98" in there a couple of times.

Cheers

Art

Last edited by artbatista; 07-13-2009 at 07:06 PM.