Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
igadgitz Book Style Case Cover in Backpack?

I bought my PRS-350 a few months ago and am still using it naked. This case looks promising, though. I have some questions about this case for people who've used it:

Does a U.S. brick and mortar retailer carry these? I'd like to see one in person.

Would it protect a PRS-350 in a backback with heavy books and a laptop?

Would the MightBright TravelFlex clip onto the case?

Supposedly, the PRS-350 doesn't fit snugly into the case, and it can slip out of the left side if you aren't careful. Is that a major annoyance?

Does the case add a lot of bulk? I hold the reader with one hand and flip pages with my thumb on the touchscreen. A case that adds a lot of bulk would make it harder to flip pages.

Thanks in advance for helping out.
barium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I don't have this one but a very similar one . This is sturdy enough. It all depends on the stiffening on the flapcovers inside, if this does make any sense to you. It has to have some really stiff cardboard or plastic or even better some thin metal to prevent things from poking into your reader.

Some said he uses a flat tupperware box with his 350 in the backpack. That sounds smart.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
KiwiKen
KiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animalsKiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animalsKiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animalsKiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animalsKiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animalsKiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animalsKiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animalsKiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animalsKiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animalsKiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animalsKiwiKen is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRs 350
I purchased this case for my 350 and am very happy with it. It is considerably more attrractive and robust than the Sony options, and about half the price. While it is not a completely snug fit inside the inner sleeve, the movement is minimal, and the reader can easily be nudged into place again if it does move. The only way it can slip out of the left of the holder is if you are actually reading with the front cover folded completely back behind the reader (which I tend not to do); when the cover is closed the reader is completely enclosed and protected.

The case provides good protection as the front and back of the leather cover are very stiff. I regularly carry my reader in my brief case, with laptop and cables etc and have no concerns about damage.

Sorry I can't comment on using a reading light - I have never found a need to use one.

Based on my experience with this cover I think it is a very good option.
KiwiKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
Clap42
Clap42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
I like the option of vertical standing position for the reader with the case you mention in #1. It will be great for a recipe ebook on the kitchen table.
Clap42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
I have not purchased nor used that specific case but some thoughts about being mobile and toting around a EBR..
I used to use the Sony PRS 600 with a zipper caselogic (foam and felt lined - elastic bands to hold it in place).. great case firm foam covered in fabric.. good stuff! well protected a bit bulky..

Fast forward a bit.. Now I tote around my PRS 350 in either the Sony Standard (non-light) nor with light case.. it uses the integrated plastic clips.

While the zippered case kept out lots of junk.. dust etc and I felt it was very protective.. it was bulky.

I found that if I put the EBR in between somethings or carefully put it in (my case is a Brenthaven computer bag) the zipper compartment of my laptop bag.. screen facing in..I don' t have to worry much.

I have traveled several thousand miles via air and car and brought along my trusty PRS 350 without (knock on wood) any incident.

I appreciate the small light weight and slim size of the sony case. The light is nice but a bit larger to carry around. (NOT much larger just width-wise) but too much heavier..

The other options listed are nice leather bound but I lean towards the lighter case/cover.

* incidentally I had the same "revelations" with carry around my ipad... adding a 1lb of leather case/cover made having a lightweight item.. well not too lightweight.

:-)

Just a word to the wise... I have had a bad experience with my old Palm T|X .. the screen was cracked inside my bookbag.. I didn't follow the advice I listed above! After the repair I got an Al case for it..
oh well.. live and learn
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert